HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heya Folks.

I bought a PTR32 (Factory welded rail) when they first hit the market a few years back to review. The deal was, I did the review, and a friend of mine was going to buy it from me on a payment plan afterwards.

My buddy ended up passing away before the transaction could take place. Unfortunate bought of bone cancer was found and it was only a short time after...

I see that they are no longer being produced and I can't seem to find any general pricing info for the rifle.

The rifle is in new condition. I've only run about 150 rounds through it. I have a total of 11 Bulgarian mags and 3 Tapco 30 round mags. Sliding stock as well as factory stock.

I'd keep it, but to be honest... The damn thing is just heavy! I've had 3 left shoulder reconstruction surgeries and it hasn't gotten any lighter for me.

Rather than have it sit in my vault, my thoughts are selling it to someone who'll enjoy it. Or should I keep it due to them not being produced anymore?

Any thoughts? Should I put it up in the classified section?

Thanks much!

Dyno

·
Registered
20 Posts
Seems about right on the price. The second series should be in the works and they are supposed to be a bit better and a little more forgiving on magazine types. They are pretty nice though. I am thinking of picking up one of the pistol versions.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Personally I'd keep it, there are no guarantees that PTR will actually re introduce the 32 series, improved or otherwise. If they do, I'll snag one in a heartbeat.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If they don't ever produce them again the price will skyrocket, Keep it. In my mind they are the most accurate 7.62x39 semi ever produced!

HDH.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Heavy yes, sell it to me. LOL
Seriously though, it is a rare bird for sure. If you collect it will be a nice piece one day. If you don't collect, sell it.

Consider selling it or trading for the PDW version if you can find one? The PDW is ligher/more compact.... Just sayin.

May not look like much of a diff, but held it is quite a lot.

·
Registered
3,220 Posts
Pm me if you decide to sell it

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
My 52 pistol is HEAVY but I love it. First I've heard of a new PTR32 carbine, but if they made a good 32 series I would buy one. Were me I'd hang onto that potential collectors rifle

·
Registered
317 Posts
PTR's web site lists the Gen 1 as being 'Temporarily Out of Production'. One could read 'Gen 1' and 'Temporarily Out of Production' as an indication of future production.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks fellas!

I've got the info i need. After a but of research and confirmation from others, I'm going to list it. Recently, on another site, a non railed version sold for $1199. This one having the factory rail, I'll list it for a hundred more. The extras will be sold separately if the interested buyer doesn't want them for a reasonable price. On GB, the mags are selling for between 30 and 60 a piece. These mags are new without packaging. I'll just have to try to dig up the paperwork that's in the abyss that is my office file system... (old shoe boxes). I'm also thinking of listing my PTR MSG91. I'll stick to my FAL and Sig 7.62's. :)

Thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts