HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New guy on the block so excuse any stumbles. Focusing on one issue that may make my experience with my PTR32 more enjoyable.
No matter how I adjust my stock, add or remove clothing. That rear turret sight does not work for me, like awkward to use. Perhaps
if I take a yoga class or two I may be able to contort myself in a way that agrees with my line of sight. Adding a red dot seems like
the way to go because if I need to drive nails alternatives are available. Does any one have a field tested device they could recommend.
Or perhaps the ones to avoid. Seems like the front ghost ring would be in the field of view if optic was mounted low. Any opinions
appreciated.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Visit any bigbox hardware store and look for pipe insolation and buy say two feet. Cut a length that will allow coverage of where you put your head. Cut a slit down the center and mount to the stock. Apply duct tape. Range test stock mod. You may have to add more foam to get a good sight picture. Remember this M-4 style stock wasn't a H&K style rifle offering but something PTR came up with.
Jump62
aka Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking at Meprolight Tru Dot catalog # ML 31506 has anyone mounted one of these puppies on a ptr32.
Is anyone familiar with their trillium optics. I do know they are not cheap. Which has little to do with quality.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I would suggest your problem is getting a good sight picture and I think the M-4 style stock is the problem. My solution is to get your head in a position to see both the front and rear sight, aka sight picture. The foam trick is used to raise the head to the sights. The PTR-32 sights are not the problem, millions of G-3s and HK-33s are proof of this and use the same sights. I have a German A3 stock that I can share between my PTR-91F and My PTR-32KF and I have to use a foam riser to use the sights comfortably that came with the rifles. The foam becomes even more important when I use a Z-24 tele sight. Murphy's rules of combat state, " if it looks stupid but it works, it isn't stupid ". Try the foam first, it's cheap.
Your solution is using the same sight base on the rifle and sight tower hoping that the Meprolight sight alignment will some how be lowered?????........buy it and try it.....let us know how it works out.
good luck
Jump62
aka Paul

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
View attachment 78617 The additional material you suggest would remedy the immediate situation. I can draw a mental picture of a temporary cheek riser, rather than positioning the toe of the
stock higher on the shoulder. Realistically with the collapsible rear furniture this is a tool for efficiency in a specific range. I have attached most recent 8" at 50yd, using 200 meter sight window. Range time
certainly improves muscle memory, which is part of the equation. My focus ( no pun intended ) is to lock on quickly with full vision, since right & left eye have different focal lengths.
thanks
meisterschutzin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts