HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a PTR 91F about a year ago and I've been dressing it up slowly over that time. I recently got a clipped and pinned steel lower from RobertRTG. I like the steel better than the standard plastic lower and the grip is more comfortable. But I can not get it to fit on.

It fits snugly without the trigger group in it. But when I add the trigger group, something seems to be blocking the lower from seating properly. It's close, but not forward or high enough by millimeters.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? Am I doing something wrong or did I get a bad lower?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
I have done a couple of these and yes at first they are tight however a rubber hammer fixed that problem for me.

HDH.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys. Thanks for the replies. I debated about whether this thread was better placed in long guns or clones but settled here in long guns. If mods feel it would be better placed in clones, please feel free to relocate it.

I'll give it some whacks. I pushed and jammed as well as I could without tools but was worried about hurting something if I stepped it up. It's still not clear to me what's blocking it. I'll clean and lube it tonight and give it another try. I was lead to believe that the lower was a simple drop in part. Should it just fit?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I had a similar problem a year ago. Fortunately, I had a few trigger packs & when I used a different one in my lower, it worked fine. It was the sear spring. The pack with a full auto sear spring [modified to semi] wouldn't work with this particular lower, but the pack with a US made semi sear spring worked fine. However, the trigger pack [with the modified spring] fit a different lower just fine in the same gun. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
370 Posts
Agree with hansellhd about fit. I had trouble with two of mine but a good SLAP seated them and afterwards they fit OK.
Dependant on specific parts, you might have to follow N4KVE's advice but give it a slap first!

PS: On mine it APPEARED that the shelf was the trouble fit and smacking things gave it just enough clearance!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I got one of the Clipped-N-Pinned Steel SEF Housings from RTG also. I cleaned the excess paint off the bottom of the shelf, it helped a little. So I too, gave it a little smack with the rubber mallet, problem solved. The fit is Perfect now, nice and tight.
Just don't over due with the mallet.

Good Luck

·
Banned
65 Posts
I had an older PTR-91 and it was unfired when I got it. Mine was the same way, very tight. It is worth it though to work out, as I find that the metal receiver looks and feels better.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
Despise the Navy lower and all my PTRs and clones are going to get the Fleming lowers. The Navy on my PTR has a trigger job and will become an emergency spare

1 - 9 of 9 Posts