HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Well now you know that it works, the only tough thing is not being able to afford ammo for it.

:biggrin:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Also keeping up with affording the OTHER HK/KLONES you want, or WILL want!!
Thank God parts are fairly CHEAP (FOR NOW), especially magazines!!
WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK!!
BANGER

·
Registered
6,409 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts

·
Registered
6,409 Posts
Hey bud,
That's 5.56 ammo. Do you know of any 7.62x51 deals? My 91 is being upgraded and I'm down to 200 rounds. I need at least 300 to break in the new barrel.
No, silly, I use my G3 .223 adapter. It was a beotch to make but works great.

LOL. I fixed the link. Got 1000 rounds of the Portugese stuff. They checked it out pretty well and it has no corrosion on it at all. Just a little discoloration. My PTR is chambered for AE so I thought I'd give this stuff a try to see it would work in that. Otherwise, I'll just have to stick with the HK91 and V51.

Oh crap, it's Hart1. How are you doing, buddy?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
No, silly, I use my G3 .223 adapter. It was a beotch to make but works great.

LOL. I fixed the link. Got 1000 rounds of the Portugese stuff. They checked it out pretty well and it has no corrosion on it at all. Just a little discoloration. My PTR is chambered for AE so I thought I'd give this stuff a try to see it would work in that. Otherwise, I'll just have to stick with the HK91 and V51.

Oh crap, it's Hart1. How are you doing, buddy?
Lol! Like everyone else. The best I can. Thanks for asking.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
Its a PTR, you should shoot steel. Actually could not get my two ptrs brand new out of box chambered in 7.62 x 39 to shoot ANY brass cased ammo without jambing. Talked to an engineer at PTR factory and he told me they were fluted for steel casings. Ever since I switched to steel casing (Herters), not one jamb. Didn't want to shoot steel in my PTR but hey it works great. By the way, feel free all you pros to jump down my throat or give me a good arguement, but I want to say that PTR is the best clone out there, and I do own vector, cetme, and real hk as well. Anyway, enjoy the hell out of your new ptr.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Its a PTR, you should shoot steel. Actually could not get my two ptrs brand new out of box chambered in 7.62 x 39 to shoot ANY brass cased ammo without jambing. Talked to an engineer at PTR factory and he told me they were fluted for steel casings. Ever since I switched to steel casing (Herters), not one jamb. Didn't want to shoot steel in my PTR but hey it works great. By the way, feel free all you pros to jump down my throat or give me a good arguement, but I want to say that PTR is the best clone out there, and I do own vector, cetme, and real hk as well. Anyway, enjoy the hell out of your new ptr.
What? That gun should shoot brass. I'd like to talk to that so called engineer.
I made this gun before PTR came out with the 32 rifle. It shot brass.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
What? That gun should shoot brass. I'd like to talk to that so called engineer.
I made this gun before PTR came out with the 32 rifle. It shot brass.
+1

My PTR32 will run Brass just fine, I put over 100 rounds of FIOCCHI 123 GR through my rifle with no problems at all, now if your talking about the Yugo corrosive stuff that another matter. They will jam using that ammo, something to do with the powder load in the cartridge I believe.

HDH.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
My PTR shoots everything I put through it, even my softpoint handloads

·
Registered
10,275 Posts
Talked to an engineer at PTR factory and he told me they were fluted for steel casings.
Interesting... how did they come up with that excuse? A flute is a flute... it should work with either, but maybe not at the same time. I had my first failure to fire last weekend at Marietta with my trusty old 51. It has never coughed on anything before, but I cracked open an old case of Chinese copper washed 308 and my photog, Mike had just shocked the troops to either side of our line position with some brass cased. I popped in the mag of Chinese and the gun ran two rounds and then left a fired case in the ejection port and tried to stuff another round up the pipe. Did this three times in a row, so this needs looking into. Wonder if there is some brass residue in the chamber that's grabbing the copper wash on the steel.

The gun has used this ammo before with no issues, so maybe there's something to the dissimilar metals thought.

Or I have a fragged extractor spring. Time to start cleaning the guns...

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
More details to claify. I bought a PTR 91 rifle in 7.62x39 and a PTR 91 pistol in 7.62x39. Yes, I already modified the magizens to feed. It fails to eject the empty casing when shooting brass. I have tried russian surplus, lellier and belliot, remington, and two other brands new in box from cabellas. That is five seperate brass round trials. They seam to maybe overexpand into the chamber and when i do get the round to eject it has distinct marks from the fluting. Never had a lick of trouble since switching to the manufactor recommended steel casing, if i was still have trouble I would have moved to the bolt, extractor, and moslty the extractor spring. By the way, beautiful gun Hart1. Sorry, I probably should have started a new thread.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
If it wasn't mentioned yet, I strongly urge you to get Bill Springfield's buffer.
I put one in mine and it's just a pussycat to shoot now!
Does it require any fitting? And if so, of what sort? I would be willing to modify my PTR91 with Magpul stock but not my HK91 A3. Also (obviously) will it fit the A3 stock?

·
Registered
25 Posts
It fits a wood stock without a problem. I'm pretty sure he has simply improved the guts
and fitted them to a standard buffer case. I also have the PWS buffer but that would
need some drilling on a wood stock. I think it fits in the plastic A 2 ok. I'll have to pick
one up to compare the two systems.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Ive been shooting portugese nato for over 10 years without one jam or bad primer. The green vertigris is just oxidation on the brass and has ABSOLUTELY NO effect on accuracy or chambering. I have also found PORT to be much cleaner to clean in my rifles than the PRVI,DAG and russian crap. Just sayin! I shoot 2 moa all day long with iron sights and this Portugese nato ball.There is nothing wrong with this ammo,NOTHING!! 12 years of hk roller lock exp. Try it and you,ll see.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts