HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello This is my first post I got a Ptr91 gi a little while back I don't think it is Ejecting right the cases are only going about 5 feet out and I had a malfunction last time I shot it involving a case not leaving the ejection port.Do you guys have any Ideas what caused this. my ejector looks fine and the fit to the bolt head looks good to.Is it just breaking in? I'm about 140 rounds in. Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
5 feet isn't quite right. Brass should be ejecting 10+ yards at the 1-3 oclock position. First thing is which model PTR is the gun (GI etc) new gun or older one with heavy profile barrel? Next look at your brass. There should be marks on the brass from the gas in the flutes. Also the roller lock rifle caliber firearms tend to be tough on brass. Its common for them to be dented where the ejector makes contact with the body of the case.

Make sure the ejector isnt dragging in the channel for it in the bolt head and it can move freely in the trigger pack. Make sure the weapon is clear and cycle the action by hand slowly and look in the ejection port. The ejector should come through the center channel on the bolt head. It should be close but not rubbing the bolt head. Also take the trigger pack off the gun and cycle the ejector by hand manually. It should go up and down freely with minimal to no bind from the trigger pack. No side to side movement.

The extractor spring is always a potential culprit as well. When you say the fit looks good, do you mean just fitting a empty case into the bolt face or is the claw providing adequate strength against the case to remove the spent case from the rifles chamber?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Gi model, standard profile barrel the dents on the body of the spent cases are all over the place,the ejector is rubbing the bolt head and the the fit between ejector and trigger pack is good and the bolt head holds the cases quite firmly

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
File the ejector tip until it clears the bolt head keeping the same profile. If there is that much drag it may be slowing the bolt group down when the action is cycling. Or grab a surplus German one from one of our vendors. For the G3/91 pattern guns they're cheap enough and a good spare part to have around

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hope you get this worked out.
I have had similar problems with mine since I bought it. After trying many different kinds of ammo (waste of time), I finally shipped it back to PTR. That was 2 weeks ago and waiting to hear back from them.
The idea of a battle rifle needing certain brands of ammo is pretty weird, when you think about it. So long as it is Saami spec, it should not matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just ordered a new ejector and am thinking of haveing bill Springfield mess with it when I send it in for a triggerjob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts