HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a PTR91 that came with a muzzle brake. I want to put on some type of flash hider, but I do not know if the barrel is threaded, or if the hider would have to be pressed on. Is there any way to tell before I make a purchase? Also, what type of flash hiders work well on these rifles?

·
Registered
303 Posts
Is it a new production PTR91 or did you buy a used older model?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just purchased it about a month ago. It has the navy trigger group and it is the PTR stamp, not the JLD so I think it is the newer version.

·
Premium Member
2,709 Posts
Here are a few options. Adam Webber sells the vortex ones (~$70) that supposedly are superior to the traditional G3 birdcage type ones.

http://www.hkparts.net/91.htm

The other option is just go to Robert Johnson and get a surplus German one ($10), but keep a careful eye on not exceeding the foreign parts count (reg 922), My guess is your comp that came on the rifle is US-made.

http://www.robertrtg.com/g3.html

Good luck.

·
Registered
303 Posts
The PTR barrels that come with the German Flashhiders are cut different than the 91 barrels were cut. The are threaded 15X1 but then the have a relieved area behind the thread for the clip on the flash hider to fall into. Why did yours come with a muzzle break?

·
Registered
242 Posts
I recently purchased a PTR91 that came with a muzzle brake. I want to put on some type of flash hider, but I do not know if the barrel is threaded, or if the hider would have to be pressed on. Is there any way to tell before I make a purchase? Also, what type of flash hiders work well on these rifles?
You could order one of these rifles with the threaded barrel and a muzzlebrake instead of a flashsuppressor. It's easy to tell if your barrel is threaded-try to unscrew it. You can also look for the pin if it's pinned on, you can see it if you look. There was an article on the 16 inch barrel PTR91 in a mag a few years ago, I have it-I'd have to dig it up, but the author ordered it with a muzzlebrake. AKATTACK

1 - 6 of 6 Posts