HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody ever shoot a PTR91? .308 Win. How does it shoot? These types of pistols don't look easy to shoot, but they do look like fun.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have a Vector V51P which is the same gun, & it's a blast to shoot. It's more of a novelty, & in my case was paid for with a $600 Gov't tax refund check. Everyone got this check back in '07, or '08 to stimulate the economy. Mine is flawless & not difficult to shoot, but it's more of a "Rambo" toy than a useful target gun. My gun came with HK internals, not USA made guts. A customer did come into my work to shoot his PTR gun, & it never worked. I took it apart, & it looked fine, but it just wouldn't work. He exchanged it for a different type of gun. So in my case, my gun cost $1000, but since the Gov't paid $600, I only took $400 out of pocket. It was worth the $400 in that whenever I shoot it, everyone at the range is dying to try it out. Fun, hell yeah, but useful, not really. GARY N4KVE

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool thx. You sure don't see them very often. Anything bigger than a MK23 would be a pain to carry.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Anybody ever shoot a PTR91? .308 Win. How does it shoot? These types of pistols don't look easy to shoot, but they do look like fun.
I think most of them are sold to people who SBR them and/or use them as sear hosts.

The recoil is substantial for a 308, the muzzle blast will curl your eyebrows, and EVERYONE on the indoor range will hate you. Its awesome. More so with a 50 round drum and a sear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts