HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Have used, and am still using the LOWER RECEIVER you picture on my PTR 91 G.I. As I mention below, I put an RTG GERMAN Semi-Auto trigger pack and GERMAN Bolt Head Assembly in the G.I. because I had problems with those PTR/US made parts although yours might be FINE. Lots of PTR owners have had GREAT results with the factory stuff but still stocked up on German/Contract stuff "Just I Case!!"
Have a steel Lower for my PTR 91F but am currently using the Plastic one that came on it, and it CAME with GERMAN/CONTRACT Bolt Head assembly and Trigger Pack.
The receiver housings look/work great but you might need to give it a good, hard smack forward and up the first couple fittings.
Some have needed this, others have not. If yours is a PTR with the US made trigger pack and bolt head assembly, you
might want to consider (SERIOUSLY CONSIDER!) getting the RTG German Semi-Auto trigger pack as well as a German, or Contract Bolt Head Assembly!
Bear in mind that you need to keep track of your 922r parts to stay COMPLETELY legal. Some do, some don't.
PTR has a better warranty now and most of the posts on their new stuff is good.
The deflector DOES work well. Also keeps brass a bit closer to the gun .

·
Registered
279 Posts
Not much to add here, Bangers has it right. Did the same for my PTR and all worked fine. Plus I like the look of the old school metal lowers. The port buffers work nice. They keep the dents to a minimum if your going to reload the brass. Also keeps brass from going into the next county. Welcome to the boards Sendero. The members here are a great bunch of guys that have years of HK know how, and are always willing to help.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
You may want to look at the Fleming CNC milled US made aluminum lowers that RTG sells.. they can be in any configuration you like and allow you to install a AR15 grip of any type. I am going this way for my 93 build, my PTR and the GI I am wanting. It's nice to have a spare complete lower assembly on hand that just drops in if you ever have "issues". In addition it means you can send one in at a time to get a trigger job and never have down time

1 - 6 of 6 Posts