HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear sight seems to become loose after shooting. The mounting screw becomes loose and needs retighting. The lock washer is in place and all parts seem to be correct. My question, have any of you used a metal scribe to mark a verticle line down the back showing correct placement of the sight and what about using a tiny amount of lok-tight to prevent this in the future? It is a PITA to keep having to re zero to get my windage adjustments back to where they were correct. Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
Nothing is ever wrong with using blue loc-tite on any sight/scope screw IMO.

As for a scribe line? Why not? It's your gun. My Mosin came with "scribe lines" that look like they were cut with a cold chisel...

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Loc Tite is your friend

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
What screw is coming loose? Windage or lock screw?
If your lock screw is coming loose do you have both the oval and lock washer installed?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The lock screw kept coming loose. I got some blue Lok-Tight and put on it and seems to be OK now. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I had the same issue, but even with the lock screw torqued down I have a little side-to-side (windage) play in the rear sight drum. Is this normal? It's not much, maybe less than 1mm, but if I were shooting at 250+ it would be an issue.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Torqued it harder, a little blue Loctite. Because of the way it's designed I can't imagine it would ever be totally immobile.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts