HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
223 Cal - M196 - Tracer - 54 gr - Red Tip - Machine Pulled - Plastic Closure Disk - Lot# 2 - 20% Will Light.

Will the above damage my barrel ? it looks like the tracer coating is either old/ defective, worn ??
Can said coating be tumbled off ?

·
Registered
266 Posts
will work fine in your gun.
tumble them if you like.. (dont have to)

will not do anything to your bbl

·
Registered
434 Posts
For plinking they are fine. Alot more than 20% light. I use them heavily for range practice where I am practicing withing 50 yards on the move. For that they are more than accurate enough out of my Sl-8/G36.

Out to 100 yards accuracy suffers from some light tool marking, but I can still pull about 3~4 moa. Hope that helps.

I am guessing this is from Hi-tech ammo?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup just ordered up a 1000 from vendor mentioned above.
will be plinking off a steel plate at 100 yards ;-)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Oh... and dont shoot them when the range is dry and the backstop is overgrown with tall dry grass... and the field behind is several acres overgrown and dry and... oh yeah, your the fire chief for the base.... opps...

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, figured I'd be shooting these once the rain starts.
plus I'll try to tumble off the coating on a couple hundred, then test some in the evening.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You wont be able to tumble off the coating as the bullets are hollow and the mix is part of the bullet, infact I would caution against tumbling as you may destablize the bullet by upsetting the balance.

Tracers are never really thought of as accurate rounds as the properties of the bullet changes as the material burns off.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
http://hi-techammo.com/

Here Ya go ! Mine should be here tomorrow, will post how the look tom evening, may even load and shot a few..

they arrived, they have pulled marks, not sure what type of tool was used, but i'm using them for plinking so it should be good.
loaded about twenty with 23 gr of H335 ( starting wieght for 55gr round) these are a little longer so i'll hold off on loading more until i try this charge ( a 62 gr bullet calls for less powder ). as soon as it gets wet ( might even have to break out the garden hose ) i test them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts