HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I'm looking at getting a punch kit or armorer's kit to complete normal upgrades on my various weapons. I'm new at this and don't want to buy a huge kit if I'll only be using a handful of punches. In case your wondering the tasks I wish to complete would be a LEM conversion and extended magazine releases on all my USPC's. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Check out Brownells. They have many punch sets. I will advise you to get the best ones you can afford. #1 is Starret. USA made with proper strong steel & properly heat treated. They will last you & your grandson a lifetime.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
1) Brass

1) Steel

1) polymer

1) Roll pin type

One punch set may work but not perfectly. I believe you can never have too many tools

·
Premium Member
2,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to get what you guys recommended along with steel 7 piece set... I'll be looking for soft jaw adapters for the vise now. Thanks a million guys.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
1) Brass

1) Steel

1) polymer

1) Roll pin type

One punch set may work but not perfectly. I believe you can never have too many tools
This. Sooooooo this! Having the right tool for the job can make life so much easier.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
This. Sooooooo this! Having the right tool for the job can make life so much easier.
I'm tooling up right now to make medieval weapons such as complete crossbows and quarrels for them as well as mace type walking sticks and more. It will be a business. Making a pike right now from redwood I had drying. Making my own rivets from brass rod. Yeah, love having the right tools for the job

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
What I ended up doing:
Inexpensive steel punch set from Harbor Freight followed by a quick lathe job by the machinist to
bring them to metric.
Or do a search for metric punch set.. not many people make them.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
I'm tooling up right now to make medieval weapons such as complete crossbows and quarrels for them as well as mace type walking sticks and more. It will be a business. Making a pike right now from redwood I had drying. Making my own rivets from brass rod. Yeah, love having the right tools for the job
You're going to have to post pics of this stuff.

·
Registered
10,254 Posts
Left handed punch set...

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
You're going to have to post pics of this stuff.
I already have a medieval collection of over 100 pieces.. daggers, maces, swords, great swords, pikes, spears, longbow, and a full Highlander collection for father and son including two firing Murdoch flintlock pistols (52 cal) that does not include period attire, shields and helmets/armor which I have as well. Many of my items have been heavily customized or even built from scratch. Most are displayed down in the den. I've done re-enactment as the Scottish Black Knight circa 1297 fighting for Wallace at Stirling bridge.. yes my clan was there

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.