HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....no grip panels...just the bare plastic frame.

Course I have a transfer FFL and all that taken care of.

I'd like to experiment with silicon carbide on a frame for an enhanced grip, and would rather not do it on my one and only frame. Disassembly of current frame in not an issue, easily done by me.

Just like to know if it's possible to purchase and the cost of a frame from HK USA.

Thank you,

Patrin.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I know HK has replaced broken frames in the past, but I'm not sure if they can be purchased.

Worse case, is you can buy another VP9, strip off the parts to sell (or keep as spares) and then have a frame.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right on, that is an option...albeit, the most expensive one.

Thing is, I prefer a pretty rough grip. I've been using a rubber sleeve, but in the FL heat and sweat, it's a slippery fix and a good amount of sweat gets in between the rubber sleeve and frame. It's not ideal.

As much as I love the VP9 as a pistol, the factory stippling is pretty dang slick with sweaty or wet hands.

If HK USA has the frames, and can do it, being frank, I would purchase 3 of the stripped frames, as I have more than one VP9.:wink:

Another way for HK to make money....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You cannot purchase just a receiver from HK. The ones that they have in the repair shop are for replacement, not sale.
Why not? I can buy a whole new slide at HK Parts.

HK could set a price like Glock does on spare frames...it's a two-for; way to make money,
way to give the customer options for grip modifications.

These are polymer receivers, mass produced...would be easy to do...as opposed to the cost of offering spare
machined slides.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,378 Posts

HK could set a price like Glock does on spare frames...it's a two-for; way to make money,
way to give the customer options for grip modifications.

These are polymer receivers, mass produced...would be easy to do...as opposed to the cost of offering spare
machined slides.
Because they do not allow it.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Honestly as cheap as VP9's are right now just buy another one get some spare mags/parts etc...

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Probably not a big market for stripped pistols frames, not enough to warrant selling them. Plus, they probably wouldn't want to encourage people to build up their own HK pistols, as they can't control the quality of the assembly, and wouldn't want a poorly assembled pistol with their name on it.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Gents, I have 4 VP9's....I don't need more...I DO need more ammo.

Because they do not allow it.
I've been a big reader before joining, so I'm aware of your contacts with HK, Armorers courses attended and any further affiliation.

I was hoping for a response more substantive, than what could be obvious.

HK allowing the sale of complete slides, that could be pieced together with inferior aftermarket parts...to cover that point...seems an easy hop and skip to a stripped frame. Or, HK could put stippling on their guns that is worth a dang.

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,378 Posts
Gents, I have 4 VP9's....I don't need more...I DO need more ammo.

I've been a big reader before joining, so I'm aware of your contacts with HK, Armorers courses attended and any further affiliation.

I was hoping for a response more substantive, than what could be obvious.

HK allowing the sale of complete slides, that could be pieced together with inferior aftermarket parts...to cover that point...seems an easy hop and skip to a stripped frame. Or, HK could put stippling on their guns that is worth a dang.
The receiver, stripped or not is still considered the "firearm" and would require a separate FFL transfer. Its not just a part that they can ship you directly in the mail. The small number they have on hand for each model in the repair shop are for replacement purpose only, not for individual sale. Getting these replacement slides, is more difficult than getting all other parts, which is a difficult process itself. You can look at this from many different angels, but unless you provide them a damaged receiver for replacement with one of their new ones, the answer will be no.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The receiver, stripped or not is still considered the "firearm" and would require a separate FFL transfer. Its not just a part that they can ship you directly in the mail. The small number they have on hand for each model in the repair shop are for replacement purpose only, not for individual sale. Getting these replacement slides, is more difficult than getting all other parts, which is a difficult process itself. You can look at this from many different angels, but unless you provide them a damaged receiver for replacement with one of their new ones, the answer will be no.
Roger that. I appreciate it.

I know it could be done...already done by Glock.

FFL transfers are so easy these days...seems a non-issue. Maybe I'm just spoiled by having a really good local FFL.:wink:

Thanks gents...and Saab95v6...IM sent.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
So, a little story to show this in the real world. I purchased a beautiful Chantilly stamped P9S. It was damaged in shipping so I sent it to James for a rear sight repair. While he had it he stripped and cleaned it for me. But in the process he discovered that the decocking lever spring pin weld had snapped and the peice was not repairable.

So I needed to find a spare P9S lower receiver which Numerich had. They sent me one but it was an older model and my slide release lever, to remove the entire upper slide would not work in it. So, they looked through their inventory and found a newer version ('76 I think). It worked.

To the actual point here, I had to pay for three MD State registrations. In order to return the older lower to Numrich as I could not just send it to them; it had to go through my FFL. Lucky for me my FFL only charges me postage if he simply ships something for me. In addition I now have 3 P9S pistols registered to me for one complete version, two of which I do not have. The original one was surrendered to the USPS for the insurance claim (I hope no one on here ever has to make an insurance claim against the USPS, but that's another story for another time). The second, as stated above went back to Numrich. And the third is the actual pistol in my possession. So, including my other two complete P9S's I have 5 of these bad boys in my name but only possess three of them. Yes, I absolutely love the P9S.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts