HKPRO Forums banner

Purchased my first HK, a 2000sk .40. I'm excited, should be here in week or so...

2K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  bamachem 
#1 ·
I'm generally a Da/Sa guy, but I got the LEM v2 version. I'm intrigued by it, because I like the DA pull for first shot/safety, and it looks like the LEM v2 is about 7-8 lbs, in a double action form. I have a PPQ, which has a great trigger, but it feels lighter than the advertised 5.5lb break, so it is a little disconcerting for me to carry with one in the pipe. Of course, I mention it to some glock style trigger guys and immediately get the "I must not know what I'm doing routine." I don't know, I guess I just like a bit heavier triggers..... Anyhow, any advice to a newbie LEM user? Also, about how long is the trigger pull on the LEM? Thanks...

#4 ·
I love the LEM trigger for self defense and carry purposes, I find it very practical and a lot easier and manageable than the regular double action on DA/SA handguns. Same feeling every shot, kind of like a striker fire, but with the additional benefit of an external hammer.

#10 ·
Depending on how I like the LEM... I'm thinking a p30 9mm in v2 or v3. I've purchased 6 pistols since Jan 1st, so I have to figure out how to slide another by the wife. Haha. In reality, I'll probably look to sell my Lnib PPQ. It has a freakin' phenominal trigger, but I just don't see me carrying it. Trigger seems too short for how light it is. I've already sold all my glocks, so this one was just an impulse buy a few weeks ago.

#12 ·
I carry the P2000SK .40 LEM every day, and in my biased opinion, I think it’s one of the best personal defense pistols on the market, if not the best.

As for the trigger, just shoot the pistol (and often) and experience it for yourself. Do a search here on the LEM. Members who have explained it much better than I could ever attempt to have posted many threads in this forum about the LEM.

Congratulations. The P2000SK is an excellent, accurate and reliable subcompact pistol.

I think you chose wise…

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.