HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HKPro Professional
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 416 upper to fund the purchase of a 12.5" 417 upper from a dealer I've been in contact with. I think we can all agree that it would be VERY unlike HK to offer anything under 16 inches when they release the 416/417 commercially, hence the reason for my purchasing the upper. My question here is about the lower receiver. If and when HK releases these guns to the public, I'd like to purchase a factory semi-auto lower from them. Can anyone think of any issues that would prevent HK from selling the lower to me? I'm assuming since the lower is considered the "gun", it would have to be sent to an FFL. Thanks in advance for any info.

Tspeis

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm 99.99999% sure you'll just have to buy a whole gun.

Really, it doesn't matter. When they are available, just buy the whole gun and just sell the 16" upper.

Short uppers will most likely be available to LE (and therefore civilians).

·
HKPro Professional
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thank you for the quick response Boomfab!

Now that you mention it, I could probably purchase the 16" and MAYBE...and that's a big MAYBE...HK could install a 12" barrel for me after I get the SBR paperwork back. I'll just have to wait and see. The anticipation is killing me!!! ;) :D

Tspeis

·
Registered
22 Posts
How did it all work out for ya?? Just curious? :)

Hope everything went smoothly, how do you like it?

Thank you for the quick response Boomfab!

Now that you mention it, I could probably purchase the 16" and MAYBE...and that's a big MAYBE...HK could install a 12" barrel for me after I get the SBR paperwork back. I'll just have to wait and see. The anticipation is killing me!!! ;) :D

Tspeis

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,536 Posts
Umm,
The 417's have not landed en masse in the US and the civilian versions of both... not at all...

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I will be getting one... if and when they ever do..

·
Registered
691 Posts
I sold my 416 upper to fund the purchase of a 12.5" 417 upper from a dealer I've been in contact with. I think we can all agree that it would be VERY unlike HK to offer anything under 16 inches when they release the 416/417 commercially, hence the reason for my purchasing the upper. My question here is about the lower receiver. If and when HK releases these guns to the public, I'd like to purchase a factory semi-auto lower from them. Can anyone think of any issues that would prevent HK from selling the lower to me? I'm assuming since the lower is considered the "gun", it would have to be sent to an FFL. Thanks in advance for any info.

Tspeis

Man, I would contract with someone to fab you a one-off lower that took SR-25/DPMS mags for that 417 upper.

·
Premium Member
431 Posts
CMMG makes AR lowers that take the G3 mags!!! I'm not a fan of AR's in any way, but I will build a mid-range, semi-auto, precision tactical rifle from one when funds allow. :37:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts