HKPRO Forums banner

Pushing USP sights

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  padriano 
#1 ·
I have used a B&J Universal Sight Tool to push out and replace sights on several pistols. The B&J has usually works well but the front sight on my SIG X-5 was so tight that I broke off the blade before even moving the dove-tails. I don't want a replay of that on any gun.

Before I take the do-it-myself approach to a USP I wanted to ask what experiences others have had pushing sights on their USPs.

#3 ·
Welcome to the forum. I replaced the sights on my USP45 with Trijicons, and I did it myself without a sight pusher. I put a small piece of hardwood against the sight, and tapped the wood with a hammer. No problem, and no damage to the gun or the sights. I held the slide in a vice and protected it with an old leather belt.

#4 ·
I use the MGW HK sight pusher. It works very well and fast and is very easy to use and will not damage your expensive sights or gun. I would not recommend using a piece of wood and hammer to push the sights, especially night sights because of the tritium filled glass viles in the sight are pretty fragile and you could risk damaging the sight or gun.

http://www.trijiconstore.com/item/42978_MGW_Tools__SIGHT_TOOL_HK_USP_MOD.aspx

#6 · (Edited)
gggman, USP40 thank you both for the replies and the link to the sight tool. I do have a derlin widgit I can use and or buy the sight pusher since I'm a do it yourself kinda person. I've avoided doing sights in the past with my other guns although have stripped down my 226 and S&W745 before. It doesn't seem as difficult as I initially thought. I'm just re-installing the hk adjustable sights that was on the USP before to complement the match trigger on it now and the jarvis extended barrel I'm adding shortly. Thanks again guys!

#5 ·
I use the B&J on all of my USP's and it workes fine, but I push at the base not the blade itself. I do use the MGW for all of my Sigs though. YMMV

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.