HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Are we talking a .22 cal air gun, or a real .22LR firearm here?

·
Registered
866 Posts
#490 for the 22 cal MP7. I almost bought the airsoft Umarex MP7, but I will wait for the 22 cal real one. Do you all think that the pricing will be in the same area as the GSG-5 MP5 22 cal clone? I hope...please, please!!

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I "think" it is quite possible that they wil be in the same price as the GSG-5. I have seen the Colt Umarex 22 go for 499.00-679.00. Most have been closer to the 499.0 side. I hope Umarex stays true to the HK styling as far as markings go. I would love to see a serial number prefix, date codes and maybe a stag horn. Umarex is in Germany so maybe we will. If you don't include financially I am really looking forward to the 5th quarter, hehe.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I think I saw a .22LR MP5 clone at my local armory here in PR... didn't catch the maker...
Could have been a GSG-5...

They also had a .22LR Pistol type MP5 clone (for lack of knowledge)... for $595.00. I think it came in a wodden box.
Looked like the one in this pic...

Sorry for lack of knowledge ...

Are these .22LR clones any good for anything else than fun at the range?... acurate/reliable.. etc..?

·
Registered
8,434 Posts
See additional information not covered in the original post:

.22's: HK has licensed Umarex to produce .22-cal versions of the 416, MP5, and MP7.

FYI, HK will intentially make the Umarex HK 416 22LR upper so it isn't compatable with the Umarex Colt M4 22LR lower.

"New" P7?: Many members wanted to know if HK had any plans to make a modernized version of the P7. The answer is no. There isn't adequate demand given the price, and the cost to manufacture cannot be reduced due to the nature of the design. There are no plans to produce P7 variants in the future.

There will never be production of new P7s, however, HK will release an additional 43,000 P7M8s that were produced "before" the last 500.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Wow I'm thrilled to hear about all those P7's coming into the country. I have a PSP but no M8. After seeing the prices people have been asking I didn't think I would ever get one. Now it appears I may! I would also like to know if they are new, refurbs, or trade ins.

·
Registered
159 Posts
So lets say for instance they release the 43,000 M8's, would they be a limited edition never to be seen again super secret models to include 1 of 43,000 engraved on the slide. Sorry for the sarcasm but they P7 line has been "disappearing" from the market for that last few years.

I am however excited about a "real" HK 22lr. I just wish HK would release or authorize someone to make a .22lr kit for a USP or maybe one of the newer model pistols. I mean, just about every other gun manufacturer has a .22lr except HK. I'll get off my soapbox now.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Do you know if these 43,000 guns new, or are they trade-ins?

he's joking about the fact that HK had a number of P7M8's released after the "Last 500" guns". They story on them is they where held up longer than normal in customs. They have a lower serial number, IIRC. Just one more insider joking how long some one has been hang out here.

·
Premium Member
1,315 Posts
Yeah!!

MR556 will take a 16" or 20"
MR308 20" please.

Please make and import a 9mm USC.
Please make and import a MP7 pistol
Please make and import a STAINLESS USP ELITE and EXPERT in 9MM

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Here is an idea. How about instead of a 22 version of the MP7, a 5.7 X 28mm? I think it would be closer to the 4.6 caliber.
The 5.7 is a fun round to shoot as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Or they could go to .17HM2.

.17= 4.32mm
They're cheap.
I can find them in the stores, even the last few months.
They're over 2000fps.
It's basically a 22lr round necked down to .17.

Maybe someone will make a barrel swap kit after it's released.
I'd buy one.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts