HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Here is an idea. How about instead of a 22 version of the MP7, a 5.7 X 28mm? I think it would be closer to the 4.6 caliber.
The 5.7 is a fun round to shoot as well.
Or they could just do it in 4.6. I don't think anybody would mind. Hell, I already stock 5.7mm, but wouldn't mind another.

Also, 9mm USC parts would be the best. I'd prefer a 9mm to my current .45, since I have almost all 9mm pistols. I'd assume 9mm USCs would equal 9mm barrels and bolts, so yeah.

·
Registered
325 Posts
how about HK stops being a bunch of pansies, and starts heavily lobbying the German government so that the stupid laws are changed, and they can start exporting good weapons to the United States? Try harder, Germany. Stop being a bunch of pansies.

also, speaking about not being pansies.... they need to produce more P7's (all variants) and stop bitching and moaning about the cost. Charge more. People will still buy them. It's not like they will be more expensive than the ones on the market are now! The only reason they cost as much as they do now is because there aren't that many to go around!

Pansies.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I'm 100% in for a 16" MR762!!! What the hell...count me in for a 16" MR556 too!

Joe

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
how about HK stops being a bunch of XXXXXXX, and starts heavily lobbying the German government so that the stupid laws are changed, and they can start exporting good weapons to the United States? Try harder, Germany. Stop being a bunch of XXXXXXX.

also, speaking about not being XXXXXXX.... they need to produce more P7's (all variants) and stop bitching and moaning about the cost. Charge more, *******s. People will still buy them. It's not like they will be more expensive than the ones on the market are now! The only reason they cost as much as they do now is because there aren't that many to go around!

XXXXXXX.
HK has a lot of different laws to deal with. They have all the German export laws, the UN laws and on top of that US import laws. There are probably a few more that I missed. Its not something they can just go and "lobby". As far as the P7's go. They have said plenty of times they are not going to be making anymore. I think they have made up their minds. HK is more about being innovative and keeping on top of the tech curve of things. As cool as the P7 is (I own 1 of every model) they are obsolete.

I X'd out all the words that probably don't belong in a public forum.

·
Premium Member
1,175 Posts
+1 on everything you said! So make that 497? Unless I missed someone else...
No seriously +1 on everything you said, I too almost bought and airsoft mp7 AND HK416 cause I want one so bad. My Colt Umarex is on the way...

+ 1.5 I did buy one. :) Looking foward to the pistol, hopefully they will have a carbine version so you can have the stock and foward grip. Long barrel won't be anything a form 1 SBR can't fix.

Now if they would make the treads under the flash hider 1/2 x 28, all would be perfect.

·
Registered
325 Posts
HK has a lot of different laws to deal with. They have all the German export laws, the UN laws and on top of that US import laws. There are probably a few more that I missed. Its not something they can just go and "lobby". As far as the P7's go. They have said plenty of times they are not going to be making anymore. I think they have made up their minds. HK is more about being innovative and keeping on top of the tech curve of things. As cool as the P7 is (I own 1 of every model) they are obsolete.

I X'd out all the words that probably don't belong in a public forum.
As far as censorship goes- leave it to the moderators. You don't decide what is appropriate for a "public forum." The public does, or in the case of the United States, the public's elected officials create laws which govern the rules. And since this is not a public forum, it is a privately owned forum, I think the moderators should decide. Welcome to freedom.

As far as HK, I know which laws they have to deal with. Laws never get changed unless they are opposed and fought. I know they are never going to produce the P7 anymore. That's fine. But if you go and talk to the HK engineers, I would bet money they would all want that gun brought back to sell. The marketing department is, of course, a different story.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
As far as censorship goes- leave it to the moderators. You don't decide what is appropriate for a "public forum." The public does, or in the case of the United States, the public's elected officials create laws which govern the rules. And since this is not a public forum, it is a privately owned forum, I think the moderators should decide. Welcome to freedom.

As far as HK, I know which laws they have to deal with. Laws never get changed unless they are opposed and fought. I know they are never going to produce the P7 anymore. That's fine. But if you go and talk to the HK engineers, I would bet money they would all want that gun brought back to sell. The marketing department is, of course, a different story.
I have re-read my post a couple of times trying to see where what I wrote might have come across as a personal attack of some sort. It sure wasn't meant that way. I chose to bowdlerize your post because I choose to carry myself in a respectful manner. So in that regard I sort of do decide what is appropriate, at least in my posts. I don't see anything wrong in being respectful or polite, due to its rarity these days it's almost faddish. I never once told you what to say or not to say, have at it. While I understand your viewpoint on this not being a public forum, I also understand that this is not my website and anyone with an internet connection can read the majority of these posts. That's all I meant by public. "Integrity is doing the right thing, especially when no one is watching". So to me it makes no difference whether this is a public or private forum. In all honesty I thought for some reason it was against forum rules to swear or even use words getting around it. All I could find was this link: http://hkpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=72442&highlight=board+rules . While it does not state it is against the rules, I sort of think it falls under un-professional behavior. Just my guess but this site relies on HK's approval for use of logos and other various things. I don't think having members calling the company names helps anything. Especially in a post about the President of the US side of the company nevertheless. Maybe it's just me. Either way we should probably get back to the point of this thread.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
how about HK stops being a bunch of pussies, and starts heavily lobbying the German government so that the stupid laws are changed, and they can start exporting good weapons to the United States? Try harder, Germany. Stop being a bunch of pussies.
Funny. I bet the folks at HKO are thinking, "How about those Americans stop being a bunch of xxxxxx, and start heavily lobbying the US government so that the stupid import restrictions are changed, and they can start importing 416s. Try harder, US. Stop being a bunch of xxxxxx."

Seriously, do you think HKO controls the German government more than gun owners "control" the US government?

also, speaking about not being pussies.... they need to produce more P7's (all variants) and stop bitching and moaning about the cost. Charge more, *******s. People will still buy them. It's not like they will be more expensive than the ones on the market are now! The only reason they cost as much as they do now is because there aren't that many to go around!
The fact that you and a few other people on an HK fan site want a few new P7s does not equate to enough demand to make new production economically beneficial. But if you're that certain they'd sell, get some financing and offer to buy, say, five thousand new P7s from HK at whatever price they set. Then you can go out and re-sell them for a profit because, if you're right, the demand is so high. Dude, you'll be rich!

·
Registered
96 Posts
MR556/MR762: The plan is to have the gun in 1Q10. HK-USA is working to build the gun with the requisite number of US parts without the price skyrocketing. MSRP is undetermined at this time. Both 16" and 20" variants are expected. There are no plans to make the rifles in any calibers other than 5.56 and 7.62 at this time. One HKPRO member asked if HK-USA would consider a group buy. The answer is yes! We just need to place an order for a minimum of 500 guns. :cool:

Todd,

Are you (or anone) compiling a list of individuals that want to be part of a group buy for these beatiful pieces of engineering?

Joe

·
Registered
96 Posts
I am not ...
If we get a list together and have enough people to do a group buy for these bad boys, could we forward it to you and have you work out the details?

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I think a better approach would be to find someone with an FFL and go from there. But by my count, we're several hundred off from reaching the required goal. :cool:

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
I think a better approach would be to find someone with an FFL and go from there. But by my count, we're several hundred off from reaching the required goal. :cool:
I agree the best thing would be going through your local FFL, let's keep those guys in business! Group buys typically turn out to be nightmares, there always seems to be some kind of issue. This isn't a small order by any means. It is 500 rifles! While no price has been set we can guage it against other high end AR platforms. Lets just say $1500 for dealer cost price. Now we are talking $750,000.00, talk about sticking ones neck on the chopping block. On a side note I can't wait to see that MP7 in .22lr, I do think some of the previously mentioned calibers would really cool. Does anyone here own a Colt/Umarex .22 they could give a few details about? A friend of mine says they are pretty interesting to take apart.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,953 Posts
I am a holder of multiple FFLs (dealer, manufacturer, SOTs, etc.). I think that putting together a 500 piece order is extremely wishful thinking. I'm pretty sure that as much as I or any other FFL would love the biz, there are really too many pitfalls that could crater the deal.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
That's why there was a smiley in the original post when I mentioned the 500 unit minimum. :cool:

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,953 Posts
I know that Todd! Unfortunately, some took it seriously. Gulp.

·
Registered
5,479 Posts
Decent interview, with some good insight! Nice work

Thanks, Todd!

41 - 60 of 72 Posts