HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all...first post so be easy on me ;)

I've seen some members that have this stock on their C93 or other HK clones:
(UL-M) ACE Ultra Light Modular Fixed Stock

My question is which receiver block do I need for a C93...is it this one:
(HK91RB) Ace HK 91 Receiver Block

or this one:
(HK93/94RB) Ace HK 93/94 Receiver Block

Also, for anyone with experience with these, do they require any modification or do they fit properly out of the box? I'm not a very "handy" kinda guy, but I do have a dremel so if modifications are very minor I may still go with it.

I've sent 2 emails and made several phone calls and haven't gotten any response from the retailer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all...

·
Registered
228 Posts
You need the HK93 one, the HK91 one has two push pins to deal with the extra recoil from a .308, the smaller caliber HKs use one push pin on the stock(aside from the G41 which has 2).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info...definitely what I needed to know. Any idea if it's an out-of-the box parts swap or if it needs any modification?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Hello and welcome to HKPro. I hope you have a great time here and learn about the wonderful world of HK as well as the always impressive Roller-lock cult. Please take some time to introduce yourself to us...

Ok enough with that.. Receiver blocks... The 91 of course has the buffer needed for the 308 round. The 93/94 use the rubber buffer for the lower powered round. As far as I know, you can use the 91 receiver block on the 93 (I might be wrong, but seeing as I both the 91 for both a 52 and 53K that GB is building right now) I think you would be good.

The 9mm carrier might be damaged if it came in contact with buffer installed in the ACE setup. I like the flush look of the 91 block better. Maybe someone who already has them installed in their guns will either confirm or correct me. Ace doesn't have the best customer service and they ship slow, but it gets to you...

·
Registered
536 Posts
You need the HK93 one, the HK91 one has two push pins to deal with the extra recoil from a .308, the smaller caliber HKs use one push pin on the stock(aside from the G41 which has 2).
Actually the ACE 91/G3 receiver block doesn't use any push ping as it fits in the back of the metal recoil assembly that holds the stock. This allows you to mount an ACE stock on your 91. The 93/94 is a Choate style replacement rear cap that has holes drilled to mount the ace folder. If you were to get one of the steel back plats from RTG (Steel Back Plate for HK93 HK33 HK53 C93 V53 V33 V93, RTG Gun Parts) then you could use the 91 on a 93 or 94 style gun. Again I don't know about the buffer and making contact with the 9mm carrier.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's the problem I had is that I tried to contact them several times for what I assumed was a relatively simple question and they never contacted me back over the course of the last several weeks.

I have seen some pics of the C93 with the stock in question from users on this site, but the links that people posted were just the stock itself...not the receiver block (unless I missed something). I'll be the first to say that I'm relatively new to firearms in general...and have zero experience with HK/clones....but I liked the looks of the C93, I wanted a .223/5.56 rifle (without going the AR route...no offense to AR enthusiasts, I've shot several and like them enough), and for the price the rifle is selling for, even if I need to do some work to it, which I know I may have to, I could still have a really solid, interesting rifle at an acceptable price.

All that said, I do appreciate the replies and anyone who has anything to weigh-in on this particular "mod" is more than welcome. The more actual user-experience the better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's the problem I had is that I tried to contact them several times for what I assumed was a relatively simple question and they never contacted me back over the course of the last several weeks.

I have seen some pics of the C93 with the stock in question from users on this site, but the links that people posted were just the stock itself...not the receiver block (unless I missed something). I'll be the first to say that I'm relatively new to firearms in general...and have zero experience with HK/clones....but I liked the looks of the C93, I wanted a .223/5.56 rifle (without going the AR route...no offense to AR enthusiasts, I've shot several and like them enough), and for the price the rifle is selling for, even if I need to do some work to it, which I know I may have to, I could still have a really solid, interesting rifle at an acceptable price.

All that said, I do appreciate the replies and anyone who has anything to weigh-in on this particular "mod" is more than welcome. The more actual user-experience the better.
I purchased the HK93 receiver block from ace first. Put 2 rounds through it and it cracked because it was plastic. I called ACE up and told them what happened and asked if I could switch to the 91. They said yes and I had to only pay for return shipping. I used the adaptor from RTG and the HK91 block. Using it and love it. My HK may have been one of the ones you've seen on here. I also recently purchased a HK91 hand guard from them for 14.00 and cut it down to work instead of paying the 78.00 they want for the one made for the 93. So far so good. I have yet to post pics of my cut down hand guard as I haven't made it pretty yet ;)...

Good luck,
Merritt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@USMC...can you shoot me a link to the RTG adaptor you're talking about? And forgive me being dense...but I wanna make sure I get everything that I need to make this work: but to get that buttstock to work properly I would need the 91 receiver block from ACE, the Ultralight stock from ACE, and the RTG adaptor? Is that everything? And with all those parts is it an easy swap from the original buttstock that comes on the C93?
Sorry if i'm sounding redundant or anything...I just would like to make this mod as painless as possible and if you've actually done it with good results then I'll follow your lead on this one. Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ohhhhhhhhhh....gotcha :p. Sorry...as I said, this is gonna be my first HK-style rifle and any mods I've made before to my AK/shotguns, etc...have been real basic and changing stocks on those was very self-explanatory. I'll make sense of all this eventually. Thanks for all the help fellas...hopefully this'll be a do-able process for me.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Very do-able. Yes that is the parts list you need. Also I cut about 2.5" off my stock tube to get mine to a proper length. Each person likes a different LOP but don't be afraid the cut yours down with a cutting disc on a grinder as it's a VERY long LOP with the HK. Just chop it down and you're good to go. Also lube the stock tube up before you try to slide the pad over the tube. It's very tight. Once you get it put together you'll love the stock.

Good luck,
Merritt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks again...seems like I should be able to manage it ;) One last question at the risk of sounding like a complete moron...but did you do this on an actual HK or was it on the C93? I just wanna make sure I have ALL my ducks in a row before I shell out $150-$200 for a stock for a $500 rifle just to find that it's not compatible with the C93....

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nix that last question, just saw your rifle in one of your posts, so that answers my question. Hope I can get mine lookin as good :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm sure it'll be sharp. Looks really solid as is. Is the pic in your post after you chopped the stock down? From the pics on the ACE website the stock doesn't look very long but pics can be deceiving. I'm kind of a short guy (5'7") so I may need to cut mine down too. You say that process is simple as well?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Yes simply take a open wheel grinder (cheap anywhere they have tools) and 4.50 for a cutting wheel. Just clamp it down and cut it off. Its only aluminum so it will fly right through it. And the butt stock clamps the whole diameter of the tube so don't worry about cutting the cap off the end. (I'm 6'2" and I made mine match the length of the factory stock) It's about 3" longer than the factory stock and its been cut down in that pic.

Good luck,
Merritt

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks again for all the tips. I think I'll definitely have to cut down the stock some. I like the way yours looks around the length that it is, plus it definitely sounds like it'll need to be shortened to be comfortable to me.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.