HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating changing out the factory sights on my P30. Normally I would just buy Meps, but I would like to try something different on this one. And the sight selection for the P30 isn't exactly great.

After reading the "birthday thread" a few minutes ago, I looked up the Heinie sights mentioned. I do like the looks of them and seem to remember reading about other people liking them. I guess the closest I have shot to that type of sight is my wife's Kahr. It has sort of a "dot the i" thing going on. I haven't shot it but a couple of times. But it didn't seem odd or hard to use.

So I guess my first question is how do the Heinie sights change the sight picture? I am using a cover hold now on my P30 and it seems to be working. Since these are for an HK, will they be set up the same way in referring to the height and hold or will they where the target is sitting on top of the sight and not behind it? Shooting quickly and hitting the target is no problem with either for me. But for slow accurate shooting, I seem to do better if I can set the bullseye just on top of the front sight instead of covering it up with the front sight.

Secondly, how hard are these sights to use? It sounds stupid even to me while typing this, but on the Kahr I set the dot right on top of the bar. But how far apart are the two dots supposed to be when aligning the shot?

Any advise would be helpful. Any other recommendations for night sights? All I have really ever used are Meps and Trijicon regular three dot setups.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Heinies sights are Center Mass Hold or POA. I don't currently have Heines on any of my HKs, but am thinking about getting one for my P30.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Heinies sights are Center Mass Hold or POA. I don't currently have Heines on any of my HKs, but am thinking about getting one for my P30.

And once again, thank you TooSixy. Picture is a big help. I just need to start PMing you when I need to know something.:wink:

Anybody have them? Do you like them? Installation hard? I see they charge $77 for installation. I have changed sights on about every brand of gun except for HK. Not real sure I want try it.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes

Yes

Yes, They won't slide in like Meps. They need to be fitted. If that's something that you're not comfortable with then $77 might be money well spent.
Lol. That's pretty simple and straight forward. I am emailing now for turnaround time. Don't see it on their website.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In case anyone else was wondering, I got this reply from Heinie in less than an hour:

Turnaround time for HK sight installation usually runs around 2-3 days.
However, Mr. Heinie will be out of the office the last week of June so we
will not be installing sights during that time.

Thank you.

I am going to do a little more research. If I can't come up with anything better I'm going to send my slide in the first week of July.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
LOL. Apparently if "Mr. Heinie" goes fishing it puts the brakes on the operation. They can be done but you'll have to go slow and take a little material off at a time until you can get them to go in smoothly. They do have a set screw that keeps them from walking once in place.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
That's the same response I received in April this year. "He will be taking a 2-wk vacation and won't be back until May".

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL. Apparently if "Mr. Heinie" goes fishing it puts the brakes on the operation. They can be done but you'll have to go slow and take a little material off at a time until you can get them to go in smoothly. They do have a set screw that keeps them from walking once in place.
That's what I was kind of thinking, like the way Truglos are. But as much as I hate the thoughts of spending about $80 to get sights put on, the thought of jacking up my P30 or a $150 set of sights makes me sick. Especially after seeing one old thread here in particular concerning Heinies on a USPc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts