HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got my USC/UMP conversion back from Ed at HDPS. It looks fantastic by the way!

Just had a question about the assembly process. For some reason I can't get the extractor to stay in it's groove. I'm pretty sure I'm putting it in right but then when the bolt is pulled back, the extractor just falls out. Also the mags don't wont seat all the way into the receiver. It looks like the barrel's feed ramp is protruding into the mag well...as if the barrel isn't far enough into the receiver but I'm not sure how I could get it to go in farther due to the roll pin holding it in place.

Any info on why I'm being a moron would be great...I obviously don't know completely what I'm doing.

-Mike

·
Registered
276 Posts
It's the ejector, not extractor.

It hooks onto the barrel edge and is locked in place once the barrel pin is driven in. You cannot put the ejector in the gun when the barrel/barrel pin is installed.

·
Registered
54 Posts
But here's the real question... When are we going to make something to replace that roll pin? I'm thinking something like the threaded sling pins... Something to make it easier to swap barrels. With that said I'm not sure how many people have multiple barrels for their USCs to swap out...

BF

·
2,831 Posts
someone makes that, Top Notch I think it is

But here's the real question... When are we going to make something to replace that roll pin? I'm thinking something like the threaded sling pins... Something to make it easier to swap barrels. With that said I'm not sure how many people have multiple barrels for their USCs to swap out...

BF

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry to hijack but I am looking at buying the usc to convert but I have a question. Is the grip thickness of the usc the same as the ump. The usc seems thick to me and I dont want to spend thousands on a carbine+work if im not going to be able to shoot it comfortably.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Sorry to hijack but I am looking at buying the usc to convert but I have a question. Is the grip thickness of the usc the same as the ump. The usc seems thick to me and I dont want to spend thousands on a carbine+work if im not going to be able to shoot it comfortably.
ump lower has a much thinner pistol grip. Maybe buy the lower first and judge from there

1 - 9 of 9 Posts