HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock P30 V3 in 9mm and have about 4K rounds through it. I have been shooting a custom cz that has an amazing trigger and when I went back to the p30 the trigger was extremely noticeable. Which package should I look at at Gray Guns that would smooth out the double action, make the single action more crisp, decrease the amount of take-up on the trigger and give a shorter reset. Any accuracy improvements available that is worth it? Looking for comments from those that have had these done, or at least fired guns that has had them. Thanks...

·
HK Shooting Team
2,820 Posts
You need to contact Rick Holm at Lazy Wolf Guns in Oregon...he is the man...he did the HK work at Gray......let him advise you

·
Registered
583 Posts
What accuracy improvements are you talking about? I'm only aware of action work for the H&Ks for the most part.

I'd also second the Lazy Wolf Guns suggestion; both of my P30LSes went to GrayGuns, but Rick was the one that had worked on them. Now that he's set up shop elsewhere, I'm going to him over GrayGuns, simply because GrayGuns has largely been more Sig focused than H&K focused, even in the best of times. With the loss of Rick, I've no idea if GrayGuns has suffered any loss in quality; probably not, but why take the chance, especially when there is a longer wait time at GrayGuns?

·
Registered
189 Posts
You need to contact Rick Holm at Lazy Wolf Guns in Oregon...he is the man...he did the HK work at Gray......let him advise you
+1 (or 2) for Lazy Wolf Guns.

Rick did my P30L V0 with his Master Reset Reduction Package, and the reset is now shorter than my VP9. The trigger is now butter smooth in LEM (pre-cocked0 and straight DA mode. My P2000 is there now for the same treatment and out to ROBAR for NP3 refinishing.

Chuck

·
Registered
1,077 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
I am uncertain that this is the case.
Lazy Wolf Guns stated this as of 2016-10-05:
Lazy Wolf Guns said:
As of today the work queue is caught up and our lead time for all new work is back to approximately 6-8 weeks!
GrayGuns stated this as of 2016-03-20:
GrayGuns said:
Current lead-time while in queue: Four to five months
Current lead-time for HK® action work and sight orders once received in shop is approximately four to six weeks.
The way I interpreted it, the time the gun is away from you is shorter with GrayGuns, but to work through that queue takes much longer, so overall the GrayGuns option takes much longer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts