HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I'm new into the world of HK other than my USP, so please bear with me.

I know some of guns I would like to have from HK are pricey, but I want an idea of what I would have to pay and if a civilian like me can even own ( I live in Oklahoma).

1. G36
2. UMP
3. MP5
4. MP7
5. HK91
6. SP89
7. VP70

I know I'll probably never be able to own all of these, but I'm trying to get a good collection going before I'm not able to own any of these. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
585 Posts
1. G36
2. UMP
3. MP5
4. MP7
5. HK91
6. SP89
7. VP70

I know I'll probably never be able to own all of these, but I'm trying to get a good collection going before I'm not able to own any of these. Thanks in advance.

Oh man. For the G36 you would have to build one based on the SL8 which by itself costs almost 2 grand, not including the conversion process. UMP is the same way, only with the USC which is also very expensive. You can find Mp5 clones of various quality for various prices, none of which will be cheap, but less expensive than building the two previous guns. MP7....no chance, sorry. HK91's are the easiest to come by, and are usually in the mid $2000 range, at least from what I've seen. SP89's are higher than that usually. Vp70 I dont have a clue.

That should get you by until someone with more knowledge comes through here and replies. Regardless, its gonna be expensive to build the kind of arsenal you want :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info. The MP7 doesn't bother me, I don't really want it that bad anyways. Whats the difference between a SP89 and a MP5 other than the SP is semi only? I'm not wanting full auto anyhow, I'm perfectly happy with semi only. I knew some of these were expensive, but its still an eye opener.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hope this helps.

I would say...depending on condition. This is what I have seen in the past few months

HK91.....2250-2950.00
Hk93.....2500-3200.00
UMC.....1500.00 converted to UMP 2500.00
HK94.....3000-4000.00 Converted to MP5 ( priceless ) 4500-5500.00
SP89.....3500-4500.00 converted to MP5k UNK

( These are semi autos and prices will vary depending on seller & condition )

·
Premium Member
3,708 Posts
Thanks for the info. The MP7 doesn't bother me, I don't really want it that bad anyways. Whats the difference between a SP89 and a MP5 other than the SP is semi only? I'm not wanting full auto anyhow, I'm perfectly happy with semi only. I knew some of these were expensive, but its still an eye opener.

The SP89 is the semi-auto version of the MP5K which is a shortened version of MP5 with no stock and an even shorter barrel. Basically a pistol version of the MP5.

When you were asking about the MP5, were you asking about the real full auto MP5? Those go for $12K and up depending on whether you just buy the sear or trigger pack to go with a semi-auto you already have, or buy an already converted complete weapon. When you say MP5 around here, many people assume that you are talking about a short-barreled gun which looks like a real MP5, but is semi-auto only. There is a vast difference in price between an "MP5" semi-auto look-alike and a selective firel MP5.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies and info guys. As much as I'd love to have a selective fire MP5, I don't have that kind of cash, and would happily settle for a semi-auto look alike.

·
Registered
823 Posts
If you're serious about an MP5 is going to be very expensive for FA fun. 15-20k+. You can find a nice HK94 and refinish/SBR and it'll start at 4k.

I'm still curious to see if when the MK5 is on track for late 2008.
http://www.professional-arms.com/

Of course I already have this.

Just thought I'd stir the pot.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Hope this helps.

I would say...depending on condition. This is what I have seen in the past few months

UMC.....1500.00 converted to UMP 2500.00

( These are semi autos and prices will vary depending on seller & condition )
A Tactical Excellence USC/UMP SBR Clone with run you more like 4k, if it has original HK UMP Barrel and other parts. The grease gun mag, non-sbr conversions are 2500.00.

I know I have in excess of 3k into mine and last I saw HK UMP barrels are twice what I paid, if you can find them.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I think it'll be a long while before I'm able to own half of what I would like to. Thanks for all the info and it looks like I'll be spending some time on gunbroker.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Ok, I'm new into the world of HK other than my USP, so please bear with me.

I know some of guns I would like to have from HK are pricey, but I want an idea of what I would have to pay and if a civilian like me can even own ( I live in Oklahoma).

1. G36
2. UMP
3. MP5
4. MP7
5. HK91
6. SP89
7. VP70

In the above list (besides the VP70 which I really have no desire to own one at this time), the HK91 is the least expensive. You can find thm in decent shape for $1800 if you keep looking. Check here, gunbroker, gunsamerica, and sturmgewehr every day and you'll find them at that price at least one every week or so.

The gun you have to buy to convert to a G36 copy or UMP copy costs about the same or a little less, but then you will pay for the conversion parts that bump it up over the price of the 91. But living in Oklahoma, you can have anything on your list except for the MP7, at prices from $500 for the VP70 to $4,000ish for a semi-auto MP5, to $18,000 for a full blown MP5 with the bullet hose setting.

·
Registered
823 Posts
USC Carbine - 1500.00
Tac Excellence SBR Conversion - 625.00
UMP Barrel - 800.00
UMP FBI lower - 250.00
UMP Folding Stock - 125.00
UMP Mags - 70.00 each x 4 240.00
Tax Stamp - 200.00

Total = 3740.00

HDPS Conversion without original HK UMP Barrel - 3575.00
http://www.hdps.org/htm/2-5-1.htm

Not sure what current market information your referring to.

·
Registered
27 Posts
pawn shop here has a vp70 in ok shape for $599. he also had a used uspf40 for $525. i guess it depends on where youre at and the current market.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts