HKPRO Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I have a HK45c and have been very happy with it. Like most of you, I have many guns and they are all in nice condition. My Hk45c has Trijicon sights installed for carry reasons. Today I went to the range and the gun was shooting at least 7 inches low at 10 yards. I get home and check everything, and all is good. I bore sighted the gun and it is dead on the money. While I am no Navy Seal, I was perfect today with the couple others I took, so It has to be the gun. I did try two different types of ammo also. Any ideas or help? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I believe HK sights are set up for a cover-up hold (or at least that's what works for me with my USPc and my P30), so you might want to try putting the front post right over the target like in image 3 below:

·
Registered
815 Posts
^ This

When I transitioned from my Sig...I used image 2 for the 226...and naturally shot low when I started shooting HK.

Cover-up is the way!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I have Heinies on my HK45C & P30, both shoot the sight picture god intended...

Still forced to cover the ******* target with my P2000SK, unfortunately...

·
Registered
865 Posts
HK's traditionally have "Covered" the intended target however with trijicons installed that might have changed. Normally pistols are sighted in @ 25 yards. But then again every pistol is a little different.

·
Registered
54 Posts
My P2000SK and my HK45C both put the round in the center of the dot on the front sight; I hold the way SixtyDashOne shows in his image 3. I have factory sights on both of them but suspect this may be different with other sights - Heinies as an example from most reports I've read.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I actually had my P2000sk at the range too. It still has factory sights and hitting the aim points was no problem. My problem seemed worse than what you have shown. I was thinking the sights were mis cut. I may have to switch to an adjustable sight I guess. Thanks for the help. Where can I get some Heinie sights for the HK45?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.