HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a P30 in V2 LEM, and have been reading the threads here about converting to V4 or the Todd Green Special.

My question is whether there are any safety concerns with the lighter firing pin block spring on the TGS. It seems possible that the lighter spring could prevent the firing pin block from engaging properly, allowing a discharge if the pistol were dropped. This must be an incredibly low risk but I wanted to get the opinion of those of you here.

Is there any issue here, or just do it and enjoy?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I say do it and enjoy. You are at no more risk with or without it. The lighter spring still has plenty of strength to do it's intended job.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
no issue. but for me the FPBS wasnt enough I did the TRS too and the trigger is awesome. as with any LEM (and glock) your finger is the safety.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
No idea with lem, but I love it in my v3 p30. No loss of safety really especially with lem, finger off trigger is your safety

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone. Since the light spring is a factory HK part I realize I should be able to rely on it being safe.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
It just removes the increased weight right at the break. Put it this way, field strip your pistol and then grab just the frame. Then put your non firing hand thumb on the hammer to catch it and then try the trigger pull. Notice how at the end of the pull right before the hammer drops, there is no "ledge" at the end. Thats because your fpbs isnt there to be compressed. With the light fpbs it will feel just about how yours feels with the slide off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts