HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that on my Sig 226 and 228 if I want to silently cock or decock the pistol with simple manipulation of the decocker/ hammer (all while staying on target too)

Is this the same with the Mark 23?

Say for example you wanted to take a SA shot but you had to cock the weapon with no clicks of the sear/hammer etc. Can this be done?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Yeah I was surprised as well with how loud it was. I swear I can remember folks saying the mark 23 could be decocked silently. But it was rather loud when I did it. Not as loud as a standard USP though. Maybe you can manipulate the lever or something to make it quieter.

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Yeah I was surprised as well with how loud it was. I swear I can remember folks saying the mark 23 could be decocked silently. But it was rather loud when I did it. Not as loud as a standard USP though. Maybe you can manipulate the lever or something to make it quieter.
With some practice you can, but it's still not silent. I'll try to take a video of it.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
You decock any of them silently. Grab hammer before decocking then decock and let hammer down slowly. Sigs decocker allows you to be quiter with it just by design

·
Registered
47 Posts
Yes. All my experience with HKs have been a loud "CLACK" when decocking. I'm pretty sure this is true about the MK23 as well. Correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You decock any of them silently. Grab hammer before decocking then decock and let hammer down slowly. Sigs decocker allows you to be quiter with it just by design
This is the process with the sig too but you have to hold the hammer back to take pressure off

essentially the same process to silently cock the weapon for single action pull

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Yes. All my experience with HKs have been a loud "CLACK" when decocking. I'm pretty sure this is true about the MK23 as well. Correct me if i'm wrong.
The Mark 23 decocker is quite a bit quieter than USP decockers. It is not silent though......'course neither are silencers silent.

·
Registered
257 Posts
USP just snaps the hammer to the firing pin safety detent
Mk23 walks it there, but you still hear clicking.
Sigs are very quiet, it's like the Mk23, but quieter. it walks it into place as well, but slower.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts