HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe that the factory SD barrel brush is used by threading it onto the factory H&K suppressor tube. Will the barrel brush thread onto the suppressor tube of an S&H suppressor tube? What esle can be used to push the barrel brush onto the barrel for cleaning? Thanks......and Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I have an S&H and mine will not fit the HK tool. The hole on the back of my silencer is too big. If you want to use the HK tool you can have a tube , made to fit it.

·
Premium Member
1,162 Posts
I found that fact out when I went to put my newly purchased Knight Industries SD suppressor on my S&H converted MP5SD. It did not fit. The S&H SD suppressors have a wide mouth and a corresponding ring around the base of the SD barrel that the suppressor screws on to. Weapon is now being modified to correct the situation.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The HK SD barrel brush didn't fit on my RDTS SD conversion... The brush inside diameter was too large for the barrel outside diameter, and the screw on attachment on the brush was too small for the threading for the suppressor...

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The HK SD barrel brush didn't fit on my RDTS SD conversion... The brush inside diameter was too large for the barrel outside diameter, and the screw on attachment on the brush was too small for the threading for the suppressor...
Had the same problem than went to Home Depot and bought a piece of white 1/2" pvc tube and screwed the brush to that. Works 100%.

·
Atta' Boy!!
575 Posts
MY RDTS barrel OD is smaller than factory. Glue a battery terminal brush to PVC pipe. Somebody at the Indiana HKPRO course last year gets credit for this fix. I also had to ream out a few of the ports a little with an exact size drill bit.
God Bless,
Pyro Mike

·
Registered
120 Posts
MY RDTS barrel OD is smaller than factory. Glue a battery terminal brush to PVC pipe. Somebody at the Indiana HKPRO course last year gets credit for this fix. I also had to ream out a few of the ports a little with an exact size drill bit.
God Bless,
Pyro Mike
Hey Mike-

Could you email or post a couple of pics of your contraption... I've heard of this DIY, but never seen one...

You know where I'm at.. ;)

Greg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I also use a 1/2" pvc pipe, just twist it on and it will thread down on the brush. Then you can cut to whatever length you want. It works great!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Could any of you guys please post some pics of your brushes? I just spent over an hour with a long stemmed stainless toothbrush cleaning mine and trying to think of a better way of doing it. Thanks. --ST

·
Registered
138 Posts
Vector Arms MP5-SD

FYI:

The factory barrel port brush will work on Vector Arms SD's. That would lead me to believe that SW SD's would also work. Just a personel observation.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I also use a 1/2" pvc pipe, just twist it on and it will thread down on the brush. Then you can cut to whatever length you want. It works great!
I did this too. Just go to home depot and look at the pipe and terminal cleaner and you will see how it works. It is pretty strait forward.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The HK barrel brush and 1/2 pvc pipe worked great for me! Thanks for the info. Barrel was black as night after a few passes shines like new and can see the date codes. How do you all clean the ports???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts