HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, let me introduce myself. This is my first HK and all I can say so far is that is in one of the best guns I have ever had the pleasure of shooting. I also have a Glock 17 and a Springfield XD-40sc that I am very happy with. I am a big fan of the 9mm but my next pistol will probably be a .45.

My first question is about the ammunition people are using in their HKs. In the manual it says not to use 9mm +p or +p+. When talking with people that own HKs and people at the store they say there is no problem using it. Obviously they wouldn't be shot very often. Probably only caried when I am out hiking. I am not sure I like the idea of possibly having to use +p ammunition in a public place. But when I am out hiking I would like the extra power for animals.

The second question is about the slide lock on the P30. I have noticed now that I have put about 500 rounds through it, the slide will close if I give the magazine a solid push into the gun. If I do gently, the slide stays open. Is this normal?

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new HK! +p and +p+ ammo is fine in the P30 just as long as it is not used often as it excellerates barrel ware. Yes it is normal for the slide to close when inserting the mag hard into the P30.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,921 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new HK! +p and +p+ ammo is fine in the P30 just as long as it is not used often as it excellerates barrel ware. Yes it is normal for the slide to close when inserting the mag hard into the P30.

Pretty much sumed it up for ya

1 - 6 of 6 Posts