HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to the forum and have not been able to find any information on my particular question so I am posting here. Forgive me if this is posted in the wrong place but I could find no better location for this post. On to the question.

My issue is that I just purchased a P2000sk V2 in addition to my P30 V1 just yesterday. The gun is amazing by the way, I can't believe I have been drinking the Glock cool aid for so long thinking they were the only show in town. Anyways, while doing my night time exercises I notice that the lamps on the night sights were rather dim. I thought this to be rather odd since I believed the gun to be new. Doing some research here I found the date code which is AI and means that my gun was built in 2009. My question is that even though the gun was built in '09 shouldn't the lamps still be plenty bright? I have several other firearms with night sights some of them 5-6 years old and none of them are that dim. Has anyone here had warranty work done on there pistols in regards to their sites? Have any had issues with them dying out prematurely? If so what was the process in getting repaired, or did you just have to front the cash to get a new set? Also, who did you go through? It is my understanding that Meps are made by an Israeli company and warrantied here in the U.S. by Kimber. Am I correct in this? Do I have cause to contact Kimber or am I just being nit picky as the gun is 3 1/2 years old. Please don't get me wrong by no means am I unhappy with the gun don't flame me for trying to find something to be unhappy about I love the gun. I am also not trying to be cheap but I bought the gun as retail new with three mags and a laser for just under $900 a good deal in my opinion. It's just that I feel that at that price I should still be covered by a warranty and knowing the little I know of night sights and how they work the sights should still be close to original brightness should they not? Any help would be appreciated. Oh one last I know Trijicon will relamp night sights for a fee is there anyone else in the U.S. that will do that for the Meps? I would rather do that then have a replacement done since POA POI is dead nuts.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did you try shining a light on them. Every once in a while my P30 sights get dim. Shining the light on them fixes it.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I am sure they are not rechargeable, "glow-in-the-dark" sights like I have on my P30. Yes they are Meprolights. I am unaware of any other H&K firearms that came or have come with glow sights like the P30. I also have plenty of other firearms that have night sights with tritium in them and know what they look like.

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
HKCoolAid said:
Doing some research here I found the date code which is AI and means that my gun was built in 2009.
AI=2008 not 2009.

Did you try shining a light on them. Every once in a while my P30 sights get dim. Shining the light on them fixes it.
chester said:
Are you sure they are meps, and not the glow-in-the dark version like the above poster's?
The P2000SK does not have the same sights as the P30.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For any who might be interested in sight repair. I contacted Kimber and the process for replacement is pretty straight forward. The factory night sights are warrantied for 12 years. I took some photos of the dead sights and e-mailed them to a rep. They said that they are going to mail me some new ones. I just have to mail the old ones back and pay for the install which sucks since the gun is new but oh well at least I'll have what I want and at less of a cost than I initially thought I was going to have to pay.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
Glad to hear you will get some new sights to replace your faulty ones! Don't forget to add pics after you get your new ones installed!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts