HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a V3 version of a P30 9mm with an ambidextrous safety. It came with nightsights, but there is no name on the sights anywhere. The sight has a dot on the front sight with the same size dots on the rear sight. The dots glow green. When you fire them up by shining a flashlight on them, they glow very bright, but this glow only lasts a few minutes, then the glow is very pale. I don't have a pic right now, but if someone has any ideas as to what brands come on the P30, I would appreciate it. I am thinking of replacing them with the trijicon HD nightsights. I guess I just want to find out what quality of sight the original ones are. Thanks.

·
Registered
59 Posts

·
Teufelshund Tactical
7,616 Posts
I have a V3 version of a P30 9mm with an ambidextrous safety. It came with nightsights, but there is no name on the sights anywhere. The sight has a dot on the front sight with the same size dots on the rear sight. The dots glow green. When you fire them up by shining a flashlight on them, they glow very bright, but this glow only lasts a few minutes, then the glow is very pale. I don't have a pic right now, but if someone has any ideas as to what brands come on the P30, I would appreciate it. I am thinking of replacing them with the trijicon HD nightsights. I guess I just want to find out what quality of sight the original ones are. Thanks.
You've got the standard luminescent sights. I'd recommend upgrading to tritium sights. Lots of options to choose from. If you'd like assistance with the choice and the swap, let me know.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I had Marine 0303 change my sights to Trijicon HDs on two of my P30s and need to send him a third P30 as soon as I can get the sights. What ever You go with I recommend having 0303 change them out.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You've got the standard luminescent sights. I'd recommend upgrading to tritium sights. Lots of options to choose from. If you'd like assistance with the choice and the swap, let me know.
Thanks marine0303. I am also considering some custom work on the P30. I have been looking at lazy wolf guns, but see you are HK certified too. I live in SC. I am interested in their master short reset trigger, their nickel coating on internal parts, and removing the trigger grove from the trigger guard. I have been shooting a customized cz shadow and it has me spoiled. I want the hk to be as nice. Do you do this type work as well? If you have some sort of pricing, My email is [email protected]. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts