HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read from numerous sources that the PTR91/HK91 rifles are very very hard on brass. The violent ejection of the casing and the impact of it hitting the receiver while exiting the chamber leaves a dent in the wall of the casing from the pictures I've seen. I understand that there is a port buffer (I think that's what it's called) that helps prevent this, however I've not seen any comparison pictures between casings fired with and without the buffer.

Does the buffer completely eliminate this problem with the rifles being so hard on brass, or does it only mitigate the problem? .308 can get very expensive, so if I can reload my own ammunition, that means I can spend more time on the range, rather than at the office trying to fund my ammunition bill.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
No dents from my original 91 or my PTR 91.. I have a port buffer on both and I can easily reload at least 5x, and even after that I save the brass for emergency future use

I like W748 for the 150 grain bullets. If you have a safe place to shoot them the surplus tracers are the cheapest to reload if you buy in bulk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts