HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
18,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen pictures of the USP .45 Compact Tactical, one on the HK site and a few floating around on the Internet.
My question is, does the USP45CT have the " USP 45 CT" engraving on the slide? The one on HK site doesn't show one, but I found one on Gunbroker that does.

If it does, when did the change take place and is it on the latest production (BA or BB date code)?

Thanks guys.

Pic on HK site

Pic from Gunbroker

·
Registered
51 Posts
Strange. I thought all "real" CT's had "CT" engraved on the slide. It will be easier to pass off my regular compact as an original CT when I change my barrel. :) Just kidding...

·
Registered
866 Posts
Yes the true USP45CT has "CT" engraved on the slide. They also offered Novak (Hk marked) sights on them. They have also had normal 3 dot sights. I had Heinie suppressor hgt sights installed. I had (3) USP45CT guns and all had Heinie sights. I think the Hk picture was probably made before the gun and they never changed it, I guess. The true CT models have CT engraved on them (your second pic).

·
Registered
582 Posts
I've never seen one without the CT stamp on the slide.

It looks like they just threw a threaded barrel on a standard Compact and called it good for the website.

If the image info is right, they last modified those pictures for the site content back in August of last year.

Lazy web developers or something.

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
I don't think there is any difference except the sights and the CT rollmark, TB of course.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Even CT clones have 'CT' roll stamped on the slide. It's the last two letter in 'compaCT' hehe. I think I'll highlight them so I can call my clone authentic...

·
Registered
904 Posts
Wont it have a different trigger. Tactical is suppose to have a match grade trigger.

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - from Skynet

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
Wont it have a different trigger. Tactical is suppose to have a match grade trigger.

Sent from my ThunderBolt in the future - from Skynet
The full size USP Tacticals in 45 and 40 have match triggers. The 9mm Tacticals (SD's) and the Compact Tacticals have standard triggers. The 9MM Tacticals can be upgraded to match or LEM triggers. The Compact Tacticals can be upgraded to LEM and with trigger modification can be fitted with a match kit. At least that is what HKParts says...

·
Banned
18,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So I guess if I order one today I should expect to have one with the CT roll mark, right? :wink:
Thanks guys. Much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts