HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning on buying a new P7M8. Looking on Gunbroker and elsewhere, people are making some differentiations. I see one seller touting his which are marked "HK SIDEARM" on the slide which he claims only 231 were imported to the US.

Then there's the X/500 ones.

And finally, one seller has some which are unnumbered, but have serial numbers higher than the X/500 ones he has!

Any of these would be more desirable than the other?

Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
33 Posts
1 of 500 P7 M-8's are some of the most desirable ones..... Since it is the last offical run of the P7 series.....There is a new German Police trade in's drop of PSP's.. That is the reason that you see so many of the P7's on gunbroker etc....PSP is not a M-8....The PSP compared to the M-8 differances are smaller trigger guard, no heat shield,euro mag release(on bottom),Flat firing pin bushing.... The older Chantilly marked ones are prized by some as it is thought the steel was stronger these years.......Hope this helps.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate your reply.

Evidently those X/500 ones aren't the last, because there are ones out there now with higher serial numbers...

·
2,832 Posts
100% correct

I'd buy which ever one is cheapest, the 1-500 "might" be worth something more someday because if HK's boo-boo....but who knows

I appreciate your reply.

Evidently those X/500 ones aren't the last, because there are ones out there now with higher serial numbers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts