HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the trigger in the P2000 and P30 series is soooo much nicer than that in the HK45 and/or HK45c? I own an HK45 and have dry-fired the others, and every example of P2000 or P30 I've held feels really smooth and good, while all the 45 and 45cs are gritty and heavy. Is it a hammer spring weight thing? Looking to get that kind of trigger on my 45s...

Referring to DA/SA only here.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Based on previous discussions it would appear to be the general consensus (mine included) is that the HK45/HK45c has a better trigger than the P series pistols. Obviously everyone's experiences are different. If you're comparing apples to apples (trigger variants and spring weights) then there may be an issue specific to your pistol. If it's relatively new you can expect it to smooth out over time otherwise it may need to be looked at.

·
Premium Member
5,017 Posts
My experience is to the contrary. The HK45 and HK45c's DA trigger is in the neighborhood of 24 lbs +/- 10 lbs. The SA trigger is nice with a shorter reset when compared to the 'P' Series. So, in summary, the HK45 Series has a better SA whereas the 'P' Series has the better DA trigger. YMMV. Oh and before the technical police chime in, yes, I was exaggerating the trigger pulls on the HK45/c.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was primarily referring to the double action pull. On the 45s it feels gritty, long, and heavy. It may just be stacking due to a heavier spring. On the P30 and P2000s I've held (multiple specimens from multiple stores), it is smooth and maybe a bit lighter. It's not just my HK45 either, I've handled others there as well.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I've noticed the same with my P30s vs the wifeys USPc. Her's has a nicer SA pull and reset, yet my p30's DA is much lighter and smoother. Although the LOP is still longer with the p30 DA.

I was actually about to make a post with a very similar question. I recently purchased an Hk45CT from GPD45 on this forum. Still haven't got it yet because of the whole FFL thing and shipping and all that, but i was curious how the trigger on the Hk45CT is going to compare to my P30???

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
The trigger pull in the P30/P30L is even sweeter if you swap out the original FPBS with a light one. Just saying.

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
The trigger pull in the P30/P30L is even sweeter if you swap out the original FPBS with a light one. Just saying.
Sorry, I didn't have that same experience. There wasn't a single ounce of difference in trigger DA trigger pull. The only difference was felt after the hammer spring was changed out for a wolf 10#.

I haven't shot the hk45 much but both my SK & P30L triggers sucked more.

v- is not dirrected at -^

Cherio pissing.... ..I know I'm not supposed to ever talk negatively about Hk's triggers here so I'll just say the forums side right off the bat. "know what the guns purpose", "live with it", "Hk's are Perfect", "you need to learn to shoot" & "If you want a competition gun, get a 1911."

Lord knows your can't have complete reliability and a good factory trigger. LOL

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
I have a BC date code P30 and it still has the heavy FPBS.
yea mines a BA date code and it had the heavy FPBS. i put the light FPBS in and it got rid of the extra weight at the very end of the pull. now it feels as if the FPBS isnt even being depressed (of course it is though). great modification if you have the heavy style FPBS.

just got back from the range messin around with a viridian c5l on my p30. ill tell you though, i am soo much more accurate with my kimber than I am with the p30. although the accuracy out of the p30 is much more than acceptable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts