HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I am new to the forum as I just purchased a used USP .40 full size that seems to be shot very little. Got it for under 600 out the door, so I felt like that was a decent deal.

Anyway, I am considering buying a threaded barrel and flash hider for it. Does anyone have any experience with them on this pistol? I am wondering if it is worth the investment (is it needed, does it help, etc.). Jarvis has the barrels for around 250, and I found a hider on Gunbroker.com for 70.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If your going to get the threaded barrel, do it because you may want to get a suppressor for it.

The flash suppressors are neat, and if you want one so that it looks cool, and your willing to spend the cash, then thats fine!

But i have personally found they do very little if nothing, except change how the recoil "feels". There are also people that swear by the FS's, so you may want to hear some of them before you take my advice.

Of course, they do look BADASS, so you decide :D

That Flash Suppressor was made by member JFK here, its very well made!

·
Registered
35 Posts
If your going to get the threaded barrel, do it because you may want to get a suppressor for it.

The flash suppressors are neat, and if you want one so that it looks cool, and your willing to spend the cash, then thats fine!

But i have personally found they do very little if nothing, except change how the recoil "feels". There are also people that swear by the FS's, so you may want to hear some of them before you take my advice.

Of course, they do look BADASS, so you decide :D

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/8991/img0031bz6.jpg

That Flash Suppressor was made by member JFK here, its very well made!
Does the FH need to come off to field strip?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Does the FH need to come off to field strip?
yes. But they just screw on/off easily like a suppressor. You don't use a wrench or anything to tighten them, just hand tight.

Off topic, but uh, is that a jetfunnel on a Mark 23 RaptoR?
yep ;)

i made a post about it a month or two ago, you can search for it under my name.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts