HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now that I've decided to start looking into the USC to do a conversion to the UMP what do you guys think? Shall I go for the 40 or 45 and what would be the pro's and con's? Also what has been the average conversion charge once the USC is bought? Any help and assistance would be appreciated. The caliber ammo cost doesn't concern me much its the actual performance aspects after the conversion.

I know its seems everyone has done the 45, but just trying to cover all my bases before starting the venture. The barrel will also be shortened so it will also be the SBR conversion.

Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
the usc never came in 40 cal, so you are gonna need to machine a ump 40 bolt into a semi configuration such that it'll fit the usc receiver.....prolly a difficult task since ive never seen anyone undertake the project.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Some of the people who offer the UMP conversions actually do it. I've also seen .40 cal USC/UMP conversions on gun broker so I cant imagine that its too difficult of a task.

In fact, there is one on there now that comes with various .40 and .45 barrels and bolts for quick swapping calibers.

Personally, I want to make my UMP into a 9mm because the ammo is so much cheaper. I'm surprised no ones custom made any 9mm bolts yet to fill in the gap for the lack of them.

I know at least one person on here is doing a 9mm now and other have so um yeah pretty much all the calibers have been done for the USC/UMP conversions now.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Here's what to expect when doing a USC/UMP conversion through ED at HDPS...but with some parts purchased from other dealers:

Gun - 1,500
HDPS UMP barrel - 265
Labor - 190
Stock Block - 180
UMP Stock - 125
UMP Lower - 225
SBR Tax - 200
+ Any accessory rails or mags you might want, and shipping costs for ordering all the stuff.

I sold the stock USC barrel, lower, and stock for a profit of $410 which I was able to put towards the conversion and I would recommend trying the same.

If you want to do a conversion into 9mm or .40...don't buy a stock or lower separately, and expect to add on another $1,300 - $1,700 to buy a de-milled UMP kit to get the bolt, barrel, stock and lower.

People seem to just do the standard .45 because it is quite a bit cheaper. If I was going to do a different caliber, I guess I would go for the 9mm as well...but I just like to stick to either .45's or 9mm's for all my handgun ammo shooting guns.

·
Banned
366 Posts
I just got my factory black HK USC from Bachman for $1349.99 plus $25 shipping like 4 days ago.

Someone here told me they quoted him $1449.99 but I sent a payment of $1375.00 AFTER he said they told him the other price and they sent me my gun so I don't know. If I was a wholesaler/dealer and someone shorted me $100 dollars, I sure wouldn't have shipped.

Anyway, he is correct. The 9mm parts guns go for $2000~2500 IF you can find one. One guy here on the forums just paid something like $2100 for just the factory barrel, bolt and a mag.

The .40's are not much better, $1600~1800 to get the extra parts to go that route.

Most of the people do go .45 for the cost effectiveness of the project. Thats what I'm doing for now until I can find a good price on the 9mm parts or someone makes an after market bolt.

If someone who was a machinist with access to a CNC machine just pumped out a few dozen after market bolts precut to work with a USC in.40 and 9mm, good god they would make a fortune.

The barrels are already on the market in 9mm in 8 inch and 16 inch. I do believe the .40's are too.

·
Registered
54 Posts
USC conversions other than .45 ACP are rare because they are only available from the factory as .45s. If you want another caliber add in AT LEAST $900 for the barrel and bolt, probably closer to $1700 for 9mm.

BF

·
Banned
366 Posts
Thats also posted here on the HK forums for sale.

He is asking $1400 with 2 mags and in my personal opinion, its over priced just a bit. You can buy a whole .40 cal parts kit UMP for $1495~1600 on Gunbroker every other couple weeks or so, sell off the parts you don't need and make back almost 90% of the investment leaving yourself with the .40 caliber bolt.

TN still has some .40 and 9mm barrels left so if you can't use the 7.87 inch SBR barrel it comes with, you can always buy a 16 inch with some of the money you re-couped selling the other parts out of the parts kit.

Only nice thing is, that .40 cal kit is ready to go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts