HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My P30 is the first handgun I have owned where I can "rattle" the barrel after placing it in the slide. What I mean is: When I have the gun apart for cleaning and go to re-assemble it, after I place the barrel in the slide I can grab the barrel and wiggle it back and forth. On all my other handguns (Sig $ Hk mostly), the barrel is a secure/tight fit and won't budge, but the P30 barrel is not tight and can be "rattled" back and forth.

This photo sort of illustrates what I'm talking about. As you can see, I have ahold of the bottom of the barrel with my fingers. If I move my hand back and forth (as situated in this photo ... from top to bottom), the barrel will "rattle" against the slide because the fit is not snug.

Again, none of my other Hk's or Sigs do this ... they all have a very snug fit.

What say ye?

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's normal.

What matters is how tight the barrel locks up when fully assembled and
slide forward, ready to fire.

Any other barrel movement is irrelevant, provided the pistol functions
correctly.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
1,922 Posts
Mine does it a little bit too but still shoots great and has no problems whatsoever. I wonder if they loosened the design just alittle bit to increase reliability. Sort of like the Kalishnicov. Oh well, I am not worried about it she is still the best handgun I think I have ever had in my hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts