HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this used P30 V3 9mm for $740.00 The seller bought it used but it looked in great shape and the seller said they shot it about 100 rounds and the original owner said he fired it about 450 rounds, well ok.

This gun looks mint on the frame and slide, the barrel has a little wear, and the recoil spring has a little orange paint left on it.

The thing is with the hammer cocked back it is very very easy to rack the slide, makes my hk45c with 200 rounds feel impossible to rack.

I read on here how stiff the recoil spring is on these P30's and I am just curious if anyone here with around 500 rounds feels that this slide is very very easy to rack with the hammer cocked back as well.

I am afraid I have the manual but not the warranty card in the box, i was thinking about calling Hk but I would rather ask y'all first.

·
Registered
419 Posts
My old P30 wasn't hard at all, especially not compared to my P7.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
The answer to the question posed is extremely relative to the owner of the pistol. Is your concern that you were sold a pistol with too high of a round count for what you paid, or that the recoil spring is worn out?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can tell by the barrel wear and slide wear I got a good deal, I just want to determine some how if maybe the recoil spring might need replacement, maybe the owner shot 1000 rounds or something and the gun has aged well and only looks like 400 to 500 rounds fired

·
Registered
419 Posts
I seriously doubt an HK recoil spring would begin to fail at 1000 rounds. I'm sure it's fine.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So it is very easy to pull the slide back on your 1200 round P30 compared to when it was new?

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
It's almost guaranteed that your recoil spring is fine. Todd Green's P30 went 25,000 rounds in about 3 months and only changed it then because it was the recommended time to change it. Unless you start having issues at the range, don't even worry about it.

·
Registered
890 Posts
OP, I too have read a lot about the stiffness of P30 recoil springs, but have not personally experienced it. I have thousands of rounds through my P30 V3 9mm that was bought NIB. The slide has always been pretty easy to cycle regardless of whether the hammer is back and gun empty (easier), or hammer is forward with a round in the chamber and a full mag under it. If you start getting FTEs, I would examine the spring situation a little further. If that's not the case, then just keep shooting and enjoy it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have a P30 (AH) with over 2500 rounds and ever since I bought it new it had a very easy to rack slide. Compared to my other guns, it feels too easy.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly it feels too easy to rack slide compared to my Glock 19, Hk45C and my M&P 45..
Just curious because of all of the info I read about the p30 having a real stiff recoil spring

1 - 14 of 14 Posts