HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have looked for this but I haven't been able to find it but what is the overall length of the rifle after you use Ed's block and convert to G36c barrel and stock?

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Ok can anyone give me the overall length of any G36 conversion and the barrel length and stock used?

I can get my measurement from that.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
When I purchased my SL8 it had an HDPS block and a 3" flash supressor on it. It measured aprrox 30" with stock folded. I believe the barrel was cut as barrel with supressor measured about 19".

When I put the Gen-3 kit on it, the length with stock folded was 29" from the end of the stock locking tab to the end of the barrel.

In the event you're wondering to determine if you have to SBR your rifle to convert to a "K" length, the answer is yes, unless you permanently attach 4" supressor to the factory "K" barrel to get it over 16".

Hope that helps. If not, just let me know exactly what you're tryig to figure out and I'll see if I can help.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope that helps. If not, just let me know exactly what you're tryig to figure out and I'll see if I can help.
What I am looking for is the overall length of a SL8 converted using the HDPS block so that I can put that on my Form 1.

I am using a "c" barrel and stock.

Thanks

·
Registered
186 Posts
JBensyl,

I have my form 1 approved and in hand. I'm now awaiting delivery on my C parts kit. I put an overall length at 28". I think it's just over that, but as long as you write in a length shorter than actual it's ok. You might want to check with others if you are supposed to give the length with the stock folded, though. I didn't, since I am not allowed to have a folding stock here in CT. so I have my stock permanently locked. I'll take another measurement tonight, but if all you need is the dimensions when locked, I think your ok with putting 28"

Scottoe

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
What I am looking for is the overall length of a SL8 converted using the HDPS block so that I can put that on my Form 1.

I am using a "c" barrel and stock.

Thanks
The HDPS stock block adds about 2.5" to the receiver length over a G36 receiver. To be safe, add 2" to the length of a G36C and that should put you right at or just under what your conversion will come out as.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The HDPS stock block adds about 2.5" to the receiver length over a G36 receiver. To be safe, add 2" to the length of a G36C and that should put you right at or just under what your conversion will come out as.
Thanks CK thats what I needed to know!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts