HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received adjustable night sights for the HK USPc 40cal/9mm.
It comes with front and rear sights and a large(0.05") and small(0.35") allen wrenches.
The large wrench is to tighten the rear sight set screws and adjust elevation.
The small wrench is to tighten the set screws on the front sight.
Only problem is the front sight isn't drilled for set screws. It's just a dovetail sight.

So here's the question; For those who have adjustable MMC sights does your front sight have set screws? Could this be a recent design change but they still include the old instructions?

I wanted your input before I contact CS.

Thx

·
Registered
112 Posts
My USP45 sights had set screws front and rear. I'd call to make sure you got a set that is good to go. Last thing you need is to press the front in and have it be a loose fit in the dovetail. Next time you go to the range the front disappears or you have a huge shift in POI.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Instructions

Too lazy now to look for them. If I remember right, The large and small allen is for the elevation and windage for the rear sight. I do not recall the set screw for the front blade. Set them8 years ago and still shoots right on. It is explained in the instruction folder supplied. Contact MMC.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
All of my MMC have set screws on the front also. Remember though that MMC sights are oversized and you will need to fit them to the slide. All the ones I install I make the front very tight and while they have set screws, if you make it tight you don't need them. If you take off too much metal from the sight's dovetail it is nice to have them though so you can still use the sight.
Fit them correctly and you won't need the set screws on the front.
Of course, since windage is adjustable on the rear via set screws, you need to make the rear sight more loose so it can be adjusted easily.
IMO I hope they have done away with the front set screws because they are not needed. I don't know of anyone who would fit the front sight so loosely that they need the set screws to hold it in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts