HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with a Silencerco Omega 9K suppressor tried it on a standard MP5 with a Surefire 628 handguard light or with a Surefire 328 LED handguard light? Or a B&T handguard light?

I am sure that the fit is likely very close and just barely fitting or just barely not fitting, but has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Fargo!

I see that the 9k is 1.475 OD, so based on straight up OD, for sure a no go.

The slight bit of length that it appears the 9k's three lug mount adds to the overall length of the 9k is what makes me wonder on the fit, as it might make the rear end of the Suppresor sit just far enough ahead or forward to where it might clear the Surefire LED light version, the short 328?

·
Registered
232 Posts
Look into getting the Steiner Optics/Laser Devices MP5 light? They're supposed to be designed to clear suppressors, and there's a picture somewhere on this forum showing it'll clear with a YHM Wraith XL (which is 1.625" OD).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Eric with Firearm Tutorials (and who is also a member here) has an Octane 9 with the Silencerco 3-lug adapter fitting with a Surefire 328 light. The Silencerco 3-lug adapter just barely rubs against the light, but it seems to fit. The OD of the can itself won't be an issue if you have the 3-lug adapter with the 328 light. The 628 is too large and will not fit with the 3-lug adapter. Once my Omega 9K clears, I plan on the setup you described.

This video will give you a better visual: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xsubihu2J1s

1 - 6 of 6 Posts