HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at buying a Coharie 53 pistol with the AR mag conversion (to shoot the hell out of it). My question is how reliable do the mags feed? My G36 mag conversion does great but I was not sure on the Coharie. Also, if anyone has a Coharie or Vector in 223 to sell I might be interested. I am considering one on GB. I just want a pistol 223 and if I can use my 30 or 40 mags/ drums on hand already, then all the better. I am also working on buying a safe queen HK93 (with factory mags), but just wanted to have a 53 clone for fun. And to keep my Vector .40 pistol company. Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry, did not want this to sound like a WTB posting. I just want to know if anyone has a clone that uses AR15 mags and does it work. I had heard they don't feed reliably from someone who was not terribly reliable. That is why I am asking the experts here. Thanks!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine is just about 100% with Lancer or PMags. The mag well insert is adjustable to help with mag fit. I really like mine, but I had an 8 inch extension welded on so i can run it with a stock. No SBR's in my state and it's just not that much fun for me to shoot it as a pistol.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
My question is how reliable do the mags feed?
Zero mag problems with pmags. It is running both 55, and 62gr ammo without complaint.

I just want a pistol 223 and if I can use my 30 or 40 mags/ drums on hand already, then all the better.
It will take a bata drum.

The downsides to the CA53-ar is that everyone near you will hate. Its LOUD, really loud, big flash, and the barrel gets very hot very fast. I ran mine at the range this weekend and after 5-6 mags the front grip was getting too hot to hold.

That said, it is my #1 favorite sear host. So favorite that I went and bought a 2nd to keep as a shelf spare.

If you like flash and bang, get a PWS muzzle brake. Adds to the flash/boom effect.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Zero mag problems with pmags. It is running both 55, and 62gr ammo without complaint.

It will take a bata drum.

The downsides to the CA53-ar is that everyone near you will hate. Its LOUD, really loud, big flash, and the barrel gets very hot very fast. I ran mine at the range this weekend and after 5-6 mags the front grip was getting too hot to hold.

That said, it is my #1 favorite sear host. So favorite that I went and bought a 2nd to keep as a shelf spare.

If you like flash and bang, get a PWS muzzle brake. Adds to the flash/boom effect.
Roger that...VERY loud, and impressive flash!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts