HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to the HK handguns, and I know that Adam has jet funnel kits, but I was wandering what the benefit was and what they do exactly. I bought a USP40 off another member here and and love the extended floorplates I put on the mags. They are much more comfortable to the hand. But should I buy a jet funnel kit and why?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
I love the JF because it helps balance the gun. It gives you 3 extra rounds (18 rds for 9mm, or 16 rds for .40). The JF mag well opening is a little wider than the original mag well so it helps with speed loading the mags. The extra rounds come in handy in IPSC/ISPA competitions.

You can get the JF kit for $48.60 from HKwebshop, and JF mags from CheaperThanDirt for $35.01. These are the best prices I have found.

This is my USP .40 Combat Competition shown with the JF and 16-rd mag.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Toosixy, I will check into it. BTW, do you have to have JF mags for the JF kit to work, or will it go on a normal mag?

·
Registered
18,641 Posts
Once you install the JF, you can no longer use the standard mags, but you can use JF mags in standard mag well (with JF mag well removed). The JF mags will stick out like the pic below.

·
Registered
410 Posts
made my USP look like a real standard gun. makes it harder to conceal though, but it's also easy to remove. versatility...

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
One of the top upgrades for the USP 9/40 series IMO. More ammo, easier mag changes, no loss of reliability/durability. No downside here.....

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
A jet funnel is a must for me as my hands are too big for the standard size. However, once you put on the jet funnel mag adapter, you can't use the standard mags unless you take the JF adapter off. Oh, and you will lose the lanyard loop when you install the JF. I think it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
One of the top upgrades for the USP 9/40 series IMO. More ammo, easier mag changes, no loss of reliability/durability. No downside here.....
Except the cost of it, plus the inability to use the "regular" mags.

I thought about doing this on my USPt40, but I can use my $35 13 round mags and the 16 round mags without the jet-funnel, but once you add it you can only use the $55+ larger cap mags. You've just made your "regular" mags obsolete and almost doubled the cost of buying new ones. (Just looked at CTD and that is a ridiculously good price on those mags, however they are out of stock).

Speed reloads are one thing, but I wouldn't use the higher capacity argument as a plus because you can get that anyway. Balance is another good point as my USPt40 is a little top heavy. I just hate to limit myself to the super expensive mags and have to sell my 13 rounders.

If it were me I'd say don't do it, just buy a couple of the higher cap mags and be done with it. That's what I did. Up to you, though! :)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
To me the cost really isn't that bad considering the price point of the pistol to begin with. I agree the balance is improved. I am not a fan of the 13rd standard mags. The higher capacity is a good argument because it is higher capacity. Any way you spin it you are carrying more ammo and the pistol, already big to begin with, didn't get much bigger. As far as cost, you can find both the 13 and JF mags for about the same price if you look hard and jump when available. Higher capacity, same reliabilty, in a package not much bigger than stock is a plus in my book. But that is just my opinion and of course you are entitled to yours as well. At least we can both agree to shoot HK! lol

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the input. My solution, buy another USP .40 and convert it to be JF. That way I keep all you guys happy. I just bought a USP compact .40 yesterday, but of course the mags don't interchange. I will say daddy (USP 40) has enjoyed havin' momma around (USP compact .40), I heard them going at it last night. I am sure we will soon get a baby (P2000 9mm) out of the deal!

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Man, those are some good prices on those mags. That was my biggest reservation and now I am rethinking… hmmmm...

·
Registered
105 Posts
I shoot 3 gun with an Expert 9 and take 7 mags with me. There are several more NIB in the safe. For what I have in mags i could have a Glock - but why would I want an everyman gun? Plus I do not need to worry about anyone taking my mags by accident!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts