HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
A human body... just press the muzzle into a fat fold and have at it.

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
Since the sound tone and nature of the suppressed report varies between suppressor/ammo/firearm combination (aka distribution of energy at various frequencies over time) you are best served by listening to the various products yourself, with different ammo. In addition to the last little bit of sound reduction one has to consider mounting (assuming three lug but still variations on attachment methods), customer service, if you wish/need to take the suppressor apart, expected usage (i.e. few shots or long shoots), required/desired weight/length/diameter etc.

I have seen some cans that are smaller, lighter and work well, but with heavy "sporting" use tend to not hold up well (with today's US "regulations" if you damage the outer housing, it will most likely cost you another $200 tax stamp). However, if you using this for your day job (i.e. police or military) then a small light can is a big advantage, even if limited in use (also guys doing this for a day job tend to not be dumping 100 of rounds suppressed at one time ... unless it is really a bad day ;-). Myself went with a heavier Blaylock can a few years back, is user serviceable and my friend/FFL/SOT has not been able to kill his (he shoots on the main line at KCR and tends to be a "heavy user" ;-). Now days there are several high end / full size / full auto rated suppressors for the various major suppliers that I would consider, even is a Db or two louder ;-)

In in reply to Mr. Shattered, nearly as quite is a bayonet, except for the screaming if you miss the correct location .... but not many bayonet lugs on the shorter HKs, which is why we need suppressor, I guess ;-).

Well time to open another can of soda (no more bear now days with the meds) and get the salt free popcorn w/o butter out and watch the "discussion" with my remaining good eye, while linking ammo for Dec 21st this year (don't think the world will end but hate to have ammo that is not linked anyway and for some reason with the MM23eK the 223 keeps unlinking itself during the warm weather this winter).

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
The quietest is the Gemtech, MK-9. It's an older design and large (2") in diameter compared to most subgun suppressors currently. I believe the newer MK-9K is slightly shorter than the original MK9.

MK-9K - GEMTECH

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Really? I've found that a pillow works wonders. Plus, you really want to put a few in the head, just to make sure.
Not many people have fat folds on their heads!
He wanted the quietest suppressor. Not all shooters need to empty the brain pan... more than a few of us are quite capable of hitting vital organs in the bod.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I have used:

SWR QD3K
Gemtech Raptor
SWR Trident9
Johns Guns MP5
Gemtech MK9K

And the Gemtech MK9K is my favorite.

·
Registered