HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how long the mags (18 round ones) are for the 9mm Expert with the jet funnel. Is it around 140mm? The reason I am asking is because I am thinking of getting one and having it converted to shoot 9X23. STI sells both the 126mm-17 rounds and the 140mm-20 rounds.
Thanks

·
Registered
802 Posts
That'll be a tough one because the 9mm frame isn't design to handle a round that long. 9x23 is roughly the same length as a 45ACP. You will have to do some significant slide modification to ensure ejection of a live round because the OAL to longer than the ejection port. None the less, you will need the 140mm mags, the 126mm won't clear the jet funnel.

You would be better off just loading 9mm major.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Scooter for the feedback. Grayguns said they could do the conversion with the 38 Super STI mags. I am just gathering more info to see if this conversion is feasable.

·
Registered
802 Posts
A lot of people are going away from 38 Super/9x23 and loading 9mm Major. It's cheaper and easier.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How are they loading 9mm Major? I am a little unfamiliar with this. Are they using a stronger casing? What are the pressure limits of 9mm Major?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts