HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a P2000SK 40 cal. and wondered if anybody had any suggestions regarding the best ammunition to use? Any favorite manufacturer to use? Any suggestions on best place to purchase my ammunition? I live in CA. Thank you

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
the p2000 has no special ammo requirements. Follow the suggestions in the manual and you should be fine.

I see you are new here, so you may want to re-check the forum rules. General ammo discussions are verboten here, so topics like this generally get killed by the moderators.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
For range use I'm a fan of Speer Lawman TMJ 124gr, I use it for all my 9MMs (which is now only a P30 & P2000SK).

For SD use, I typically use Federal 124gr +P HSTs - I tried Ranger 127gr +P+. It worked fine in the P2000SK and operated in the P30, but ejection got erratic in the P30, so I went back to the HSTs for both. Obviously more recoil / noise and I just didn't think it was worth the trade off.

If you go with any modern JHP (Federal HST / Bonded, Winchester Ranger T / Bonded, Speer GDHP), you'll be fine.

Rhino

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the information and I apologize for discussing the ammo question. I reviewed the rules again as you suggested. Thanks for your info.

·
Registered
634 Posts
As already posted, my 2000sk 40 eats anything and has never had any failures of any kind. Having said that, I find the Federal HST 165 gr. to be the most accurate.

HK P-2000SK 40SW
HK P-30 9MM
HK 45c
HK P-30L 9MM

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
What BZSOG said. .40S&W was designed to shoot a 180gr bullet and my personal experience favors the heaviest bullet available. More than half of Robert's-tested list is 180gr.

I shoot 230gr .45ACP and 147gr 9mm.

-- Chuck

·
Registered
387 Posts
I buy the Blaser brass-cased 180 FMJ for use at the range ($285/1000). For SD I have some Winchester Ranger 180 grain HP (I know, questions about expansion are an issue) and Federal 180 HP in their Hydro-shock flavor. The sk has liked anything & everything I have used in it and has functioned flawlessly, which is more than I can say about myself these days. Buy the best you can afford and stay away from steel cases. Shoot enough to be comfortable with your weapon and be able to load & drop magazines without thinking (just don't practice on a concrete floor, use a piece of carpet). Get out as often as you can and practice!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.