HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received my HK45c, and during inspection, I noticed there appears to be a number, looking very much like a serial number, stamped on the left side of the chamber on the barrel. The right side has the pistol's serial number and it matches the receiver and slide, all is normal looking there. The left-side number (the one in question) begins with a 1 and the pistol serial number begins with a 2. Any ideas what the left-side number is?

Also, the slide does not have the antler looking thing stamped on it like I see on most (but not all) HKs. What might that be about? Just curious on this one.

Thanks all

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Without the antler proof mark (and DE code), it's a US-made HK45c. There is another serial number if you are curious. You won't see it though. It's underneath the rear sight and I think it matches the serial number on the left side of the breech of the slide.

Like this. This is a US-made HK45c.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, so two different numbers on the barrel, and on the left side there is indeed the "DE". No antler on the slide and the receiver states "Made in USA". This is an AK, like the one in the pic above. Nothing fishy here, eh? Just making sure all is kosher.

Thanks again

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
The DE code should be on the barrel, regardless of whether the gun is US-made or German-made. The US-made serial starts with 216- and German-made is 128-.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Just to expand a bit on what TooSixy said:

The SN on the non-ejection side of the barrel is the SN that HK Germany assigned to the barrel when it was made in Germany. If the barrel was going to be put into a German made gun, this SN would not be on that side, but rather it would match the SN on the frame and the slide, and not have two serial numbers. HK Germany does not know what the US serial number will be, so they just put their own on there.

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Just to expand a bit on what TooSixy said:

The SN on the non-ejection side of the barrel is the SN that HK Germany assigned to the barrel when it was made in Germany. If the barrel was going to be put into a German made gun, this SN would not be on that side, but rather it would match the SN on the frame and the slide, and not have two serial numbers. HK Germany does not know what the US serial number will be, so they just put their own on there.
You're spot on! I just went to my safe and pulled out a US-made and a German-made. The barrel of the US-made has a 128-XXXXXX serial number (and the DE mark) on the non-ejection side of the barrel while the ejection side has the 216-XXXXXX serial. The German-made only has one serial number and it is 128-XXXXXX on the ejection side.

Learn something new tonight, too. Thanks, Apollo!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
man, you guys are really on it tonight. My German made Mark23 is exactly as you say. Antlers, one serial # on the right side of the barrel, matching. Very cool gentlemen

1 - 10 of 10 Posts