HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HK91 and have been thinking of looking into a .22 conversion kit for cheaper, short range practice. I'd like some opions about the kit. Worth it? How does it work, well or junk? Will it harm the original bore in any way? What does the kit sell for these days?

I've seen what seems like hundreds of them for sale but never paid them any mind. Now that I want to know I can't seem to locate one.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I never had any problems with using them. However, they will only run on a stock trigger pack, and won't function with a Psg1 or 'some' of the after market trigger set ups.

Atlanta cutlery still has them. They are about $499.00 now... Looking over recent auctions on GB, I see where one sold for that, but I think that's a little high.

http://www.atlantacutlery.com/atlantacutlery/detail.aspx?ID=1226

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
One of the best accessories for the 91/G3 ever made.

Go for it.

·
Premium Member
2,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I can't see its worth it when you can get a decent 10/22 or somesuch for $200?
jb
I want to be able to practice with a rifle that simulates what I would be using if the need would arise. Nothing better than the actual gun I'd be using but to be able to shoot 22 would save a ton of $. The kit would pay for itself in ammo in a couple of months. Rimfire at 25m is supposed to translate directly into 7.62 at a distance. From what I've read anyway. I'd like to test it out.

Thanks for the info guys!

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,640 Posts

·
Banned
2,247 Posts
Or that HK clone for 100bucks more. I'd hold off and see what that puppy looks like. They're only about 2-3weeks away from hitting the stores then well have all kinds of people giving their expert opinions on them!

regards,

r.

·
2,832 Posts
the 91 kits are super fun, accurate and fast to swap.

now the ones everyone is linking to are G3 kits..and are not the same as the 91 kit, but the G3 kit will work fine with a piece of hose over the recoil rod, others that have done this will explain more

best fun with my 91 22 kit was at the range, young boy was eying my 91, I asked his dad if his son wanted to shoot it....he said the 308 was too much(and I knew this) so I told him I would swap it to 22.......the kid had a BLAST! made my day and his too

·
Registered
732 Posts
I have a 10-22 also. While the 10-22 is fun to shoot, this conversion is just MORE fun! It is accurate enough, although the bulk pack ammo has a tendency not to ignite, and isn't very accurate. It likes CCI Green Tag and Stingers very much. Doesn't shoot to the same point of aim as does the 308, so that is an issue.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
$800!!! that is completely insane. The only thing I've seen that expensive was a 22lr conversion kit for a 93.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Agree 100% with Edman99 on this one! It will also give you a workout as it will probably be the heaviest .22 lr you will ever shoot.

Seriously I love mine; it will be in my estate.
Haha! Ain't that the truth! Be that as it may, I also love my 12+ lb. .22. Only paper shooting I've done with it shows the EoTech about 2 1/2" high at 17 yds. POA/POI is close enough to shoot cans at about 60-65 yds. Fun fun fun!:28:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts