HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my 9MM usp made in 94 at a gun show today. Really, what I did was un-load a Glock 21 on a dealer for a USP, 2 mags and a box. The night sights are OK, but not new. I found a USP mag for 40 S&W, can I use it for 9MM? Is the barrel supposed to be polygoinal, or lands and groove? What has to be done to put in a barrel in 40 cal? I hope he likes the Glock I got rid of.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Barrel is probably traditional.

No half cock notch either.

You can put in a .40 barrel, but good luck using it with a 9mm breechface.

You can try a .40 cal magazine, but when I tried that just for ****s, I noticed that it was too easy to pull the rounds right through the feed lips.

I'd use the magazines that HK intended the gun to be used with.

Scott

·
Premium Member
293 Posts
The polygonal barrel was introduced in late 1994.

KE dated USP9´s have one piece catch with all metal hammer so it means that if you do mods in it, those things have to be taken under advise.
For example, the Match trigger kit adds the half cocked position but disables the safety function when the hammer is fully decocked.

Miku

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I probably won't mess with the trigger, not bad as it is. It has the original barrel, I didn't know they had lands and grooves. I am going to use the pistol for carry and self defense, may change the sights.

The polygonal barrel was introduced in late 1994.

KE dated USP9´s have one piece catch with all metal hammer so it means that if you do mods in it, those things have to be taken under advise.
For example, the Match trigger kit adds the half cocked position but disables the safety function when the hammer is fully decocked.

Miku

1 - 7 of 7 Posts