HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My next purchase will be a subcompact pistol. I want a p2000sk,and will have one eventually. I feels great in my hand, looks great, and even though I personally haven't shot one, everyone seems to like them. This will be for everyday concealed carry. I'm going with 9mm, my wife's new carry piece is 9mm and will be easier to build a stock of ammo. I know the spec page is incorrect on HK's website, but can't find the actual specs on the pistol to compare it with other subcompacts. With it being a double stack, how hard is it to conceal in a IWB holster (noticeability)? Is it comfortable?

I currently carry my USPfs. It's too big and it is very uncomfortable to conceal now that I can't cover it with a jacket or coat...86 degrees today in Birmingham...

I was thinking LEM because of the bobbed hammer, however, I have never shot a LEM pistol and my USP is DA/SA. I know it is a preference thing, but I don't have the luxury of being able to test one before I buy. I second guess myself on this because I shoot my USP a lot and love it, and I don't plan on swapping it to LEM. The USP is what sits on my nightstand every night and trust to defend my life. How difficult is it to transition comfortably back and forth between the two different set-ups or should I stick with DA/SA?

I already know the gun feels great in my hand, but now I've started looking at a few other subcompacts that are single stack instead of double stack just to cut down on size and really like a few of them (Walther and Kahr). Bias does not bother me, let me hear it, I love my HKs but would like to know if the p2000sk is what I need right now, rather than want right now. Thanks!

·
Registered
74 Posts
You will like the SK and I would recommend going with LEM since you mention CCW.

I have very limited experience with an SK in LEM. However, for what it is worth, I find the transition from DA/SA to LEM to be easy. To me, shooting the LEM from the reset is very similar to shooting the SA. My P30 is DA/SA.

In find the transitioning from from the P30 to the SK to be smooth.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Go sk and love it! Bought mine sight unseen/shot based on reviews from this forum and a friend...plus I figured if I liked it half as much as my P30, I would love it. I am very happy with it and will feel fine carrying on the really "sticky" days, or with a more fitted polo or t-shirt (single shirt guy in warmer months), instead of my P30. Plus, it will accept a 15 round P30 mag as a reload. I carry mine in an MTAC with a Wilderness Tactical belt (P30 too)...best combo I've found over the years.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Comparing my usp45fst sa/da to my p2ksk9 lem is night and day for carrying. Double stack, doesn't bother me a bit, but I never tried a single stack, so I gues i'm not much help there. I also got the lem for the bobbed hammer and love it, I do not regret it over the sa/da. With the flat floorplates, I can conceal it under a t-shirt. You can still do it with the extended, but it sticks out a little bit (for me anyway).

+1 on the Lem, wouldn't do light for carry though...
Why do you say this? Have you tried light lem? Not trying to put you on the spot, but I ask because I was thinking on doing this as the regular lem Could be a little lighter.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have a HK45c V1 and I absolutely love it, I decided to add a sub-compact to my stable and the P2000SK 9mm V1 Light LEM was the choice for me it started as a V2 which I converted to V1 ( easy job ). The light LEM breaks at around 4.5 lbs. I have no concerns that it is to light. What is the trigger break on a single action 1911 or the HK45c ? not much more than, if not lighter than the light LEM.

·
Registered
24 Posts
GOTURNBACK. Do you have any issues with the trigger resetting after the pull with the light LEM conversion? Some have reported the trigger gets somewhat sloppy on the reset with that kit. I am considering it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
My next purchase will be a subcompact pistol. I want a p2000sk,and will have one eventually. I feels great in my hand, looks great, and even though I personally haven't shot one, everyone seems to like them. This will be for everyday concealed carry. I'm going with 9mm, my wife's new carry piece is 9mm and will be easier to build a stock of ammo. I know the spec page is incorrect on HK's website, but can't find the actual specs on the pistol to compare it with other subcompacts. With it being a double stack, how hard is it to conceal in a IWB holster (noticeability)? Is it comfortable?
I use P2000SK as CCW for last 8 years in 24/7. I carry it mostly (99.99% of the time) in some sort of IWB holster. It is easy to conceal it in IWB holster, even with laser/light mounted (Viridian C5L). For IWB carry I used Milt Sparks VM2, Comp-Tac Minotaur (for P30) and Raven Phantom Light. For AIWB (my favourite way of carry) I use Comp-Tac Minotaur Neutral Cant (for P30), Comp-Tac 2 o'clock (for HK45C) and Raven Phantom Light. For OWB I use Raven Phantom Light.

As to size, it is exactly same size as G26. It also has same silhouette as single stack Walther PPS. PPS is like 1/3 thinner than P2000SK, but it does not make huge difference. I added Pearce Grip PG-2733 magazine extensions to my mags. They do not make size bigger than HK extended finger rest and provide +1 capacity. Actually also they improve grip and gun control much better than original finger rest.

For trigger I use LEM trigger setup that I invented 6 years ago and it was shamelessly copied by Todd Green and is now referred as VTGS now ;)

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Montrala,

What exactly is this trigger of which you speak?
LEM with all light springs (from V3 or V0 - V0 in my case) but with heavy trigger return spring.

·
Registered
313 Posts
LEM with all light springs (from V3 or V0 - V0 in my case) but with heavy trigger return spring.
What weight of trigger pull does this achieve and what to you believe to be the benefits of this particular combination over the V1 & V2 versions I've read about?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
What weight of trigger pull does this achieve and what to you believe to be the benefits of this particular combination over the V1 & V2 versions I've read about?

Thanks
I have trigger pull about 5-5.5lb (in P2000SK and P30L). Benefits is very fast and positive trigger reset with and also stronger TRS "covers/masks" trigger staging over firing pin safety disengagement and sear - less trigger jerking on fast shooting. For me also benefit was higher trigger weight (over original 4-4.5lb V0) trigger that I feel to be better for CCW gun, as well as brings my P30L over 5lb trigger pull limit for IPSC Production Division.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've never tried to swap anything on my pistols. How hard is it to do the V0 or TGS upgrade?

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
I've never tried to swap anything on my pistols. How hard is it to do the V0 or TGS upgrade?
V0 is factory configuration available in Europe. It is LEM with de-cocker (like in V3), all light springs and spurred hammer.

To make VTGS upgrade you start with LEM trigger and need to swap some springs - depends on what configuration you had at the start. There are several threads that list what springs are needed. I will not list part numbers from my mind. Sorry ;)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Montrala,

What was the concern that led to a LEM being equipped with a decocker? Spring fatigue or some sort of safety issue?

·
Registered
367 Posts
I carried a P2000 with LEM for over 10 years on duty, and all I can say is if you practice with it, you will never look back. Great pistol!!!

·
Registered
3,464 Posts
Montrala,

What was the concern that led to a LEM being equipped with a decocker? Spring fatigue or some sort of safety issue?
It was request by German Police. They put it in procurement requirements, so HK complied. Actually it was requirement to be able to "unload" main spring without pulling the trigger. It was Glock-killer requirement, aimed to help Walther P99. HK went in the middle as seized opportunity.

·
Registered
313 Posts
It was request by German Police. They put it in procurement requirements, so HK complied. Actually it was requirement to be able to "unload" main spring without pulling the trigger. It was Glock-killer requirement, aimed to help Walther P99. HK went in the middle as seized opportunity.
Understood. I'm assuming HK has no concerns about the main spring being under constant tension for those that always keep their firearm cocked, but fired regularly.

Thanks

1 - 20 of 61 Posts