HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
forgive me for my ignorance, but is the hybrid match/lem trigger available for both the HK45 and HK45c? I"ve been searching old threads on this forum, but I'm still a little confused on whether it is available, particularly on the compact.

Also the hybrid match/lem trigger has approximately a 4.5lbs trigger pull at the break with a relatively short reset for the LEM trigger correct, with the long but easy take up? That is pretty much what I'm looking for in a trigger on an HK.

·
Registered
18,644 Posts
No, it is not officially available on the HK45 or HK45c. But both have the Match flat spring (nickel spring), and the HK45 has the Match hammer spring. Someone claims that they also have the Match trigger without the overtravel stop (just the trigger, not all the Match trigger parts), but I am unable to verify that it is true.

But since you can add the LEM kit to the HK45, you can add the Match trigger parts (TRS, trigger) to a HK45 to make it Hybrid Match + LEM trigger. You would have an issue doing the same to the HK45c because the Match hammer spring is longer than the original HK45c hammer spring.

Yes, the Hybrid Match + LEM trigger has a short reset and it breaks nicely, almost like glass.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Someone claims that they also have the Match trigger without the overtravel stop (just the trigger, not all the Match trigger parts), but I am unable to verify that it is true.
I would say that it's not. As far as I know it's the stop that makes it a "match" trigger. No stop and you've just got trigger.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Toosixy is correct - the short answer is no, the hk45 currently is only available with the default or LEM trigger. However, I believe it does share some parts/qualities with the combat competition trigger - not the overtravel stop - but possibly other springs or parts.

When I contacted Travis at HK regarding the combat competition mod on my usp9 he told me the same could not currently be done with the hk45 :( At least not at this time.

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
No, it is not officially available on the HK45 or HK45c. But both have the Match flat spring (nickel spring), and the HK45 has the Match hammer spring. Someone claims that they also have the Match trigger without the overtravel stop (just the trigger, not all the Match trigger parts), but I am unable to verify that it is true.

But since you can add the LEM kit to the HK45, you can add the Match trigger parts (TRS, trigger) to a HK45 to make it Hybrid Match + LEM trigger. You would have an issue doing the same to the HK45c because the Match hammer spring is longer than the original HK45c hammer spring.

Yes, the Hybrid Match + LEM trigger has a short reset and it breaks nicely, almost like glass.
This afternoon, I installed a USP Match Trigger (w/overtravel stop) on my HK45c FDE that I've converted to light LEM. I shortened the new trigger slightly and was able to get it to work perfectly.

·
Premium Member
2,861 Posts
I don't get it. If you install the over travel screw in the trigger and install the rest of the parts, isn't it the same thing except for the HK45c-specific hammer spring? Isn't the hammer spring pre-cocked anyways with LEM? I can't see this making much of a difference. Am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
4,379 Posts
The Match Trigger w/overtravel stop makes a big difference in shortening the distance for sear reset for follow-up shots. It also gives you that crisp "glass-breaking" feel when the trigger activates. The HK45 and HK45c pistol already have the nickel-plate flat spring. My guns are all Light LEM, so by installing the Match Trigger, I get the best of both worlds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts